Chapter 73

The residents gave wedding gifts. Since they couldn't invite everyone to the celebration, Wei Wei felt it was necessary to at least give a gift.

When it comes to the return gift you can get when you go to a wedding wine, for ordinary people, it is nothing more than a pack of cigarettes and a box of wedding candy.

There are no cigarettes, but she thinks they can have candy, but not too much.

But it sounds like a luxury to others.

That's candy, candy that only rich people can eat!

Even now they have mastered the craft of making sugar with malt in Sardinson County, but the malt sugar was originally used to make lemon jam, and after a winter, the stored wheat was either used to grind flour to make pasta or made into malt sugar. The jam is almost used up, and now the wheat in Sardinson County is purchased from other regions, and it is too extravagant to use it to make sugar and distribute it to the residents.

Not only the housekeeper thought so, but the other servants who heard Wei Wei's words had the same idea. Even Felix had a feeling that it would be too much at the beginning.

But he quickly reacted this does not seem to be such a luxury to them.

In other places, it is rare, and the sugar sold only by merchants from other foreign countries is a commodity as precious as honey. Even if one person distributes one piece according to Wei Wei, with number of more than 40,000 residents in Sardinson, The money to buy sugar can almost make an ordinary noble go bankrupt.

But here are other people for whom sugar is not so precious.

Although maltose is not as sweet as sugar brought by foreign merchants, it is still a precious sugar.

Moreover, the production method of maltose is simple, and the materials are not used much. About two catties of wheat can make one catty of maltose. If the size of a piece of sugar is calculated as ten grams, then one catty of solidified and cooled maltose can be cut into fifty Candy canes, and the maximum number of his subjects is about 40,000. One piece per person consumes no more than 2,000 catties of wheat.

Two thousand catties of wheat is a lot for ordinary people, but it is actually nothing more than an acre and a half of fields, and the price required is not even the cost of a day for the castle.

In this way, let alone a piece of candy, it would not be a burden for him to send more.

Felix's side is connected, but the others haven't turned their minds. The reason is that maltose is not sold as a separate commodity. It is one of the raw materials Wei Wei used to make lemon jam because she didn't want to waste it. Lemon jam is sold at the price of sugar, so naturally, everyone's perception of sugar is still "very expensive, very expensive, and expensive ordinary people can't afford it at all".

So Wei Wei said it was natural to use sugar as a return gift, but other people were taken aback by the actual sugar price and completely forgot the actual situation.

It was Felix who wanted to understand something and reminded them: "We are not short of sugar now." The servants responded one after another.

Yes, they are not short of sugar, not only are they not short of sugar, but also have more. Although lemons and oranges are out of season, the castle will no longer continue to boil sugar in large quantities to make jams, but the kitchen will occasionally make some for cooking. Not to mention that the knights who stay behind can often get sweet food, even their servants can drink a bowl of sweet water a week.

So, there is no shortage of sugar.

Butler Patton, who had reacted, responded immediately: "Okay, madam, I will arrange for someone to prepare it. Is it right? How much do you think is appropriate?"