Chapter 143

The recipe for the mushroom (also called Agaricus bisporus) culture material Wei Wei found required corn stalks, dried chicken manure, cottonseed cake, urea, phosphate fertilizer, and lime.

Coincidentally, she has all these things. The corn stalks can be collected in the field, and the dry chicken manure can be collected from the residents. Now, because the breeding tax has been reduced in disguise, and at the same time, a large amount of manure is required for farming. Therefore, every household raises more livestock and poultry than before, and collecting enough dry chicken manure is just a matter of time-consuming.

The cottonseed cake is the residue left after the cottonseed oil is pressed. Of course, no one will use cottonseed oil at this time, but it is also very easy to buy cottonseed. Although Sardinson did not grow cotton, it does not mean that Puluo In fact, some countries and regions along the Mediterranean coast will plant more or less. After all, cotton cloth made of cotton is one of the main fabrics at this time. Cotton planting is very marketable, but cotton likes fertilizer and consumes much. In terms of soil fertility, when fertilization was not known before, the output of cotton was very small, and a piece of land was planted with cotton for a year, and it needed to be fallow for a longer time, so the price of cotton cloth remained high.

However, after the use of fire dung and manure began to spread, the situation became much better. There were more cotton cloths on the market than before, and the price was also reduced. It was obvious that the cotton raw material had a bumper harvest, and the cotton harvest season It happened to be July, as long as you contact the merchant who sells cotton, you could buy as many seeds as you want.

Originally, the most difficult to obtain should be urea and phosphate fertilizers. After all, these two kinds of fertilizers should not be available in this period, but the alchemists sponsored by Wei Wei surprised her last year, by combining urea and phosphate fertilizers and some Other fertilizers have been produced. Although large-scale production is still not possible at present, only a small amount can be supplied to some fields in the manor. However, the accumulated production volume during this period is enough to make bisporus mushrooms.

As for lime, as a commonly used building material, Satinson naturally stored a very large amount. Just talk to the construction team and you can pull it back directly.

In addition to the nutrient formula of Agaricus bisporus, Wei Wei also found the nutrient formula for growing oyster mushrooms. Compared with Agaricus bisporus, which needs to increase chemical fertilizers to ensure nutrition, the oyster mushroom culturing material is much more casual. Corn cob, corn stalk, sawdust, cottonseed husk Straw, or any combination of lime and female wheat bran with appropriate water can be used to make oyster mushroom culture material.

Originally, if it was the first attempt, it would be better to grow oyster mushrooms. The raw materials are everywhere and they are worthless. Even if they fail, they will not feel distressed. But since she also has the culture materials of Agaricus bisporus on hand, it is naturally two. Come together.

As for which formula should be chosen for so many culturing materials, Wei Wei said that only children can choose, adults naturally want all of them, and try everything they can find.

She copied out the two cultural material recipes and gave them to George to prepare.

George, who got the list, was very confused about what the Countess wanted these things to do, but he didn't ask. Instead, he prepared everything as quickly as possible and sent the serfs to the castle.

Since most of the items did not need to be purchased, other than the time spent buying cotton seeds and waiting for the merchants to deliver, everything else was collected quickly.