Chapter 130

The first batch of refugees who were taken away was very few. No matter how eloquent Kingsley was, other people didn't believe what he said, so the first time, Kingsley only brought back about 100 people from the western border. Come on, this number is tiny for thousands of refugees.

Most of the refugees who were able to escape from their own countries to the border and have not died due to various reasons are prime-age laborers, with a small proportion of the elderly and children.

At the same time, it was precisely when they recruited that no matter how old or young they were, they didn't pick people's attitudes at all, but they made people feel more worried. Is there any conspiracy involved? After all, everyone knows that healthy and strong slaves are more valuable and easy to sell. Those who are too old and too young are not wanted. Generally, only if they have some craftsmanship, or if they are young but good-looking, or maybe the whole family sells them together, the elderly and children will appear.

So taking a group of Mr. Knights who are "the old, weak and sick" in the eyes of the refugees seems too suspicious.

They began to believe that he may not have come to deceive people and become slaves, but his behavior is still suspicious and deterrent. As long as there is some assurance that he can survive, he is not desperate, and people who are in a desperate situation will not follow him.

Kingsley, who had only taken a hundred people away, felt that he had not fulfilled the instructions given by the Earl, so in addition to taking away those people, he also left some people behind to continue recruiting people on the border.

Those people were holding His Majesty's hand letter, and there was Earl Williams behind them. Even the surrounding nobles did not dare to offend them easily, but they gave the refugees on the border a temporary respite, and no longer worried about the occasional accident. Someone came to arrest them.

But this is not a long-term solution. With more and more people on the border, it will almost become a leader of its own. If it goes on like this, not to mention other nobles, even the king will not sit idly by, and most likely will not send troops to drive them away. , is to divide the place where these people gather as their own country.

However, everyone speculates that the latter is more likely. After all, the country next to Prady has perished, and the land is divided by other countries. What if they occupy a piece of unowned land, anyway, no one else I would even dare not come to seize this place at this time. They have been fighting all year round, but they can't compete with Prady in terms of national strength. That is to say, this king of Prady is not a war-loving person, and he has been busy wrestling with Romanov all these years. Fighting bravely, I didn't participate in that war, otherwise, maybe who swallowed who now.

Kingsley sent all the refugees he had recruited back to Sardinson, and he rushed back to answer orders and change the guard, taking only a few of his men by sea and land, while the others by land—by boat, but If you want to spend a lot of money, it is still calculated according to the head. Kingsley feels that even if the earl has money, he can't waste it like this, so he makes this arrangement.

This caused Kingsley to return to Sardinson for a long time, and the refugee team was still dawdling on the road, because of the situation he reported, Felix had already arranged people before these refugees arrived. Where to go - of course, to Sloth, where there are few people.

Originally, Felix didn't intend to recruit serfs at first. What he meant was that he would just give these people the status of free people, not for the sake of human rights, freedom, and equality. He wanted to do this just out of his consideration. The status may not sound as good as that of the freedmen, but in fact, as long as they meet a good lord, the life of the serfs is worse than that of the freedmen. Although they had to pay higher taxes than the freedmen, they had priority in renting the lord's land, Being sheltered by lords, and even becoming chief executives and many other privileges, nobles preferred to use serfs under their names compared to free people, and among these serfs, many have performed well, become aristocratic confidants, and even become knights people.