Chapter 180

The king was almost poisoned by the queen, and the instigator was the Duke of Romanov. After this incident was made public, it caused a huge shock in the entire Prady Empire.

Shortly afterward, the duke fled and took his subordinates to openly resist the arrest of the king and set himself up as the king, which made it clear to everyone that his long-planned ambitions.

The king, who was still in bed, immediately dispatched his army to the territory of the Duke of Romanov to crusade against the duke army who was conspiring to rebel.

Most of them are not optimistic about the rebellious behavior of the Duke. The Romanov family may be strong and its territory is wide enough, but compared with the entire kingdom, it is still far worse, and the soldiers in the hands of the Romanov Duke There are not many horses, and there is no military talent, so regardless of his current momentum there is no way to fight against the king who holds the royal knights, and if necessary, he can also mobilize the soldiers of other nobles. Without the intervention of other external forces, failure is only a matter of time.

Therefore, most nobles believe that the outcome of this war has absolutely no suspense, and the king's side will win.

But in this way, those nobles who once stood on the side of Duke Romanov and supported him will be worried at this time.

Originally, Duke Romanov had a lot of vassals, and this number increased a lot during the period when the king was sick, completely suppressing the royalists who were loyal to the king and the neutral parties who remained neutral. If the king was like Romano The duke and the duchess died as expected, so the duke's coup d'etat could almost be said to be an easy task.

But now, the king has recovered, and the duke's conspiracy has been made public. Most of the nobles standing beside him were not his loyal subordinates. The Duke's ship was about to capsize, and if they were on the same ship, if they didn't try to save themselves, they might drown with him.

What is even more chilling is that when Romanov escaped, he did not notify those nobles who truly supported him, so on the day he escaped, those nobles were taken away by the Royal Knights without their knowledge.

There was a lot of commotion at that time, and the Royal Knights would not be dispatched easily, but they carried out a city-wide search that day. Countless nobles were arrested, including the Duke's henchmen without exception, and there were even some who had been Nobles who have been neutral or support the king since then.

In the beginning, this arrest list was only part of the nobles, those nobles who took the initiative to stand beside Duke Romanov and oppose the king a long time ago, and then Amos couldn't stand the punishment and confessed to some people they didn't know. List, after these people were caught, some people gave new names to protect themselves, so there were more and more people on the list, and finally the number of prestigious nobles reached as many as 300, and more. Not to mention the other subordinates.

With so many people filling the prison in the capital, the number of guards guarding has also increased several times, and the number of prisoners is still slowly increasing, which has caused the head of the prison a headache.

After all, most of the people inside are nobles. Everyone knows that the king can't kill all these people. They will come out sooner or later, so these people must not be neglected, but the nobles are very picky, and the prison environment obviously cannot allow They were satisfied that to meet the demands of these big men, the prison guards were almost turned into hotel waiters.

Every day, people are arrested and put in prison. The atmosphere in the capital is getting more and more depressing. The bustling streets of the past have become deserted. The commoners of the lower classes are hiding in their homes and dare not even go out. The royalists here and the neutral party, which has always been very low-key, everyone else is panicking. They are afraid that someone will knock on the door to arrest them. , the nobles were not even allowed to leave the upper city, and it was impossible to return to the territory.