Chapter 192-GENERAL ELLIOT

Aturia

"Do you think the Beast King is like Naruto imagines," Mana asks Michel. "I've never thought about them in any way other than as an enemy. You're the expert on them after all."

"I don't think he is."

"Have you ever met the new Beast King?"

"I don't recall having met him as such," Michel answers. "He and I know one another by reputation. He is a great warrior who ascended to the top of the Beast Kingdom's hierarchy very quickly. I was known for being a traitor. That seemed to be what diplomacy was equal to during the war, treachery."

"I rebelled against the Tyrant King and the human emperor saved me, welcoming me with open arms. I cannot imagine being treated as a traitor by an entire species like you are Michel."

"We don't all dislike him," Claude says, flying over and landing on Michel's back.

"You seem to have a very different view than me on Fauna Blight."

"I don't want to have Fauna Blight for the rest of my life, but I certainly don't blame you for it Michel. Hearing about the war from the human point of view does make me think we were all unfair to one another at the time. As far as I can see you were the only beast who actually wanted to solve our problems. The plan our leader created seemed to have conquest as our main objective."

"Claude, your reputation in the kingdom never suffered as mine did. It may fall to you to negotiate with the new king. However, if even your words cannot reach the king I need you to promise me that you will protect Hinata. Grab her and fly away as fast as you can. I promised Akashi that I would always look after her, if she dies this will all have been for nothing."

"You can rely on me Michel."

Nearby Boruto and Himawari finish a discussion before looking at their parents. There is still an awkwardness between Naruto and Hinata. After their victory over King Max the siblings hoped that this would change, but it clearly has not. If anything the previous discussions about Fauna Blight have driven them further apart. The two of them have very different views on peace. They can't help but question what Hyuuga Hinata would say if her voice could reach them now? Would the other half of their mother favour seeking peace, or would she be afraid of the potential conflict?

"Come on," Boruto says, gesturing to his sister.

The two of them approach their parents with something to say.

"Boruto, Himawari, is something wrong?" Naruto asks.

"Yes, something is still wrong here," Boruto answers. "Before we were all happy when we defeated Max, it was a high point for both the rebellion and this family. We have to realise that we are still fragile though, and that is my fault. Ever since I went with Tao Ma it has caused nothing but problems for this family. Himawari is still living with one of those problems. It is still possible that the Hive Mind could manipulate her actions at any moment."

"We can find a way to help with that," Hinata says.

"No, no you can't," Himawari says, shaking her head. "Mother, father, you are both so incredible. The rebellion needs you. Peace talks with the Beast Kingdom will need you both. We are not needed for those peace talks; we are needed elsewhere. We need to find a remedy for my situation. Right now we cannot walk the same path as you because we have our own problem to solve. Once we have overcome that difficulty, then it will be time for us to walk with you again."