Chapter 83 BORN TO FIGHT

The Hidden Leaf Hideout

Shinki looks at the destruction surrounding his group. He made the decision to try and leave, to ask Hashirama and Boruto for help. From the beginning he was possessed by a defective divine ability masquerading as a god. When his mind was being controlled he made a decision, a decision he now believes was a mistake to try and kill any invaders of his world. He still feels the pain and the regret of that choice, it still burns his soul to know that he almost killed many good people that day. That's why he decided very early on that he would take this decision out of his hands and what trust his family no matter what. That's why he follows them, his aunt, his cousin, his uncle. Together with them, he will assist with the escape from the village.

The fallout from Shinki's decision has been a conflict of greater scale than he imagined. Ever since he reunited with his fellow shinobi, the village's power has been growing uncontrollably. In addition to that, they have also been gathering allies and their power has been growing. Now that Naruto has gone, the cornerstone of their alliance has disappeared, and all that energy has been unleashed. The flames of Mirai's explosions, the drumming of Tsunade's attacks, the sound of scraping ice from Brooks' battle with Hiruzen, it is all so much more real now. This isn't a minor disagreement, this is a civil war.

'There is no safe route away from here right now, I have to break one of the deadlocks' he concludes. 'I won't be of any help to Mirai, the fight against Sarada is a losing battle. Tsunade would benefit greatly from some help, as would Kakashi, but both are fighting personal battles they won't want me to interfere in. That leaves only one choice, I have to help Lord 3rd'.

Shinki's analysis is quick and accurate. He announces to Shikadai that the defence of the villagers will be left to him and then the Kazekage sprints away from the gathering of civilians and moves to help Lord 3rd.

A figure drops down, getting in his way. An enormous bulky man, so muscly that it is hard to believe that he is real. Shinki knows him to be real though, this man is undoubtedly one of Lara's generals. This is the general who seems to have some degree of honour, General Blackburn.

"Stop right there, Lord Hokage" Blackburn booms authoritatively.

"It shows that you haven't been here very long. I am the Kazekage actually" Shinki replies, his shoulders slumping as he realises the inevitability of this situation. So, he is going to fall into another battle, just like everyone else.

"I apologise for any disrespect, it was not intentional" Blackburn lifts his hand apologetically. "I am not here to hurt you, I can assure you of that".

"If you don't want to hurt me and you wish to apologise with actions instead of words, then I suggest you step aside" Shinki says.

Blackburn has gained a fair understanding of Shinki's character. He's a good man but he isn't the best in tough situations. The pressure is getting to him and he's on edge because of that. Looking into Shinki's eyes, one could be forgiven for mistaking his expression as one of rage. There is no rage behind those eyes, merely an anxiety born of a bad situation.

Blackburn has no intention of stepping aside though. "I am not here helping Lara, she wants the lot of you executed for your betrayal, but I won't let that happen. If you switch sides, you could help me end this conflict without pointless bloodshed. We could end this peacefully but not without more numbers on our side. The more people that help us, the less people will die".