Chapter 70 WHAT'S THE PLAN?

The Nara Family's Tent

The villagers of the Hidden Leaf proceeded to walk for another three days at the behest of General Clyde. The journey would have been a lot slower if it were not for the bursts of high-speed travel when shinobi carried the villagers on their backs. After three long days they made it to the edge of the grassy region. In this time, the high-level fighters may well have been able to cross the entire pocket world, but the journey they have taken here would barely be visible on a map of the homeworld.

With the group at a complete stop they erected the tents that would serve as their home until they could work out how to execute their plan. A plan so poorly developed yet upon which all of reality is depending. Emperor Furst rules over the world. Furst Jonas is the man who holds dominion over all of reality, a powerful dictator, driven by his own desire to become a god, a man whom they must remove from power.

For generations now, plans like this have been the responsibility of one family in the Hidden Leaf Village. A family with tactical prowess superior to the Uchiha or Senju, who make up what they lack in wisdom through shear intelligence. That family comes from the Nara clan and the two most well-respected members are about to discuss their ideas.

Shikadai enters his parents' home, prompted by a message he received from a runner just moments ago.

"Father, you wanted to see me?".

"Ah yes, sit down" Shikamaru says, pointing to the seat opposite him.

Shikadai takes his position atop the hard-wooden stool. The table between the two gentlemen is not a common commodity. The majority of the villagers were not afforded such luxury as it would be too difficult to carry. There were some exceptions though, notably the Hokage. Another such exception was the Nara family who needed the table for planning purposes.

The table is flimsy at best, a collapsible structure clearly constructed by an amateur in the last-minute rush before they left the village. Shikadai wouldn't be quick to complain though, somewhere to rest his elbows for once is a welcome change. As he balances his forearms on the table and takes the weight from his shoulders he lets out a gentle sigh, wondering why he ever referred to life before this as a 'drag'.

"Where's mom" he asks finally.

"She's checking up on the villagers from the Hidden Sand Village".

Shikadai nods. "This tent situation is less than ideal, isn't it? I wish we could have made huts like the last time".

"I admit it's rather tiresome. If Lord 1st was still with us we could have done that again. Anyway, I didn't ask you here so that we could complain, I wanted to speak with you about the Circle"

"Oh yes, I will set up that tent soon" Shikadai says, forcing himself to sit upright. His only official duty now is as the Circle's Administrator, he feels that he must at least take that one duty seriously. "I believe that four of Naruto's clones carried the canvas and furniture here".

Shikamaru flips the papers on the table to reveal his scribbles from previously. "I think we should expand the Circle, take up a bit more room and take advantage of this opportunity to include Clyde's group".

"You're thinking of cohesion". Shikadai scratches his chin. "This will require more administration. It won't be easy work and it will require someone with a strong mind. Are you still up to it?".