Chapter 185-Elaborate Plans

Local Imperial Guard Headquarters, Ewoa

Elliot knocks on the door to Alaa's office.

"Enter."

Elliot opens the door, stands to attention and salutes his superior officer. He is just as diligent and formal as he was with his previous leaders.

"Ah Elliot, it is good of you to visit, please have a seat," Alaa says, gesturing to a chair. He waits until Elliot is seated before continuing. "We used the information you provided us with to locate General Clyde and his fellow traitors. After a short delay we have re-established contact with the attack squad we sent, I believe you can work out what happened."

"Clyde is very competent sir," Elliot explains. "Since his days of harvesting pocket-world energy he has become significantly stronger. He has acquired and begun to learn from a manual, further to this he has acquired the divine ability that belonged to Lara, allowing him to teleport. There are few even among the Imperial Guard who are a match for him."

"That is why I sent a guardsman with 'explosion' divine energy. I made the plan very clear; if Clyde could not be defeated this colonel would use a concentrated attack on him. The chances were that Clyde would not survive such an attack."

"Yet he did sir?"

"The attack was never completed. The colonel in question tells me that a trio of pocket-worlders with strange powers arrived. He was not familiar with the woman's power but he lists the two men as using 'ink' and 'darkness' divine energy. Anyone you are familiar with colonel?"

"I believe I am sir. There was only one 'darkness' user among the pocket-worlders when I left their group. For a time he administrated their governing body known as the Circle. His name was Nara Shikadai. Shikadai was part of a team used for special missions, they had unique tactical skills. The other two attackers sound like the members of his team, Inojin and ChouChou."

"Why didn't you tell us about them before?"

"They never travelled with us. When Lara was allied with Naruto they attempted to fracture the alliance but failed. After that they were excommunicated from our combined team by Naruto. Then we encountered them once during what was supposed to be the first attempt to defeat the emperor, that was before we went to the academy. Since then I have not seen any of these three."

"If they tried to fracture your alliance why did they save Clyde?"

"I couldn't say sir, but I suspect that their loyalties have changed once again."

"Should we be worried about them?"

"Even if they all reached their full potential their power would be nothing for the Imperial Guard to worry about. However, this man Nara Shikadai was a tactician who has protected his village many times. He is to them what Queen Nadia is to us, the brain that they all rely upon. Right now he is incapable of countering her strategies, but if left for long enough he may start to rival her."

"I don't believe we need to worry about that colonel. That will be all."

Elliot leans forward and rests his right elbow on the table. He also places his left-hand palm-down on the table and begins to tap his fingers, rhythmically contracting his thumb. This surprises Alaa immensely, Elliot seldom behaves in such an informal manner.