Chapter 100-NARUTO VS HASHIRAMA

The Camp

Naruto cannot help but wish he had son's as he tries to keep track of Hashirama's movements. He can move and perceive time at a quick enough rate, but even then there is something mystical about the way the 1st Hokage moves. Perhaps it is the many times Hashirama battled Madara, perhaps he is the better equipped of the two to battle a high-level opponent. To others Hashirama's feet are a complete blur as he reaches such a sensational speed, only one person can possibly keep up with him.

Hashirama circles Naruto, keeping his position difficult to predict. However, Naruto has the benefits of sage mode, and of his keen battle intuition. He sways once to the left, once to the right and then he bolts. He arches his run, moving at the same speed as his adversary and moving in such a way that the two of them come level with one another.

Running next to Hashirama, Naruto fires a truth-seeking orb at him, hoping to unbalance him from his run. Hashirama moves to block without even stopping though, coating his hand in 'death' energy and swatting the truth-seeking orb away with ease. The quick exchange happens far quicker than any equivalent during the 4th great war.

The two of them run until they reach a small pond where they stop in perfect time with one another. They bring the chakra to the balls of their feet and control it perfectly to prevent themselves falling in. This is where Naruto and Sarada trained before, this is where a plan was hatched to bring Naruto back to his best.

Hashirama kicks his foot into the water, bringing it up into Naruto's eyes and blinding him. As the 7th Hokage covers his face with his hand, his opponent runs forward, spins once to add momentum and then strikes, landing on a solid to Naruto's sternum.

Naruto is pushed back by the punch but his legs remain strong, preventing him going back more than a foot, and opening up the next strike for Hashirama. The 1st Hokage lands rapid blows on the 7th, blows even more rapid than previously. In the blink of an eye fifty punches are thrown and Naruto's already wounded body is damaged even more. It is a flurry that surely nobody can stop.

But Naruto does stop it.

Without so much as moving his head, Naruto's hand flies in front of his chest and catches the incoming hand of Hashirama.

"Decreasing your power to increase your speed?" Naruto asks, "I think it's about time you got serious".

Naruto leaps upward, grabbing Hashirama's head between his feet and flipping him to the ground. It's a daring move that requires tremendous precision, something normally impossible against someone so evenly matched, but the Uzumaki clansman connects anyway, slamming Hashirama down into the surface of the pond as if it were concrete.

Hashirama knows the form in situations like this all too well, don't let yourself get pulled into the water, if you do then you will be at a significant disadvantage. However, Naruto is quick to grab his left arm, pull it across his chest and then use his right arm to pin it on place, putting Hashirama in a position where he cannot counter the next attack. Naruto brings a tailed-beast bomb to his hand and slams it down toward Hashirama's chest.

Hashirama curves his fingers, pointing them up at his face and projects a small beam of 'death' from his fingertips. This small beam works as a shield, saving him at the crucial moment as the tailed-beast bomb detonates between the two battling warriors. As the huge explosion dies down both of them remain in that same position, unhurt, something unthinkable for shinobi not long ago.