Chapter 128-HYUUGA HINATA

Outside Mars' Home

As Minato looks at his daughter-in-law he begins to speak but loses his voice. He wonders how this all happened. Hinata is not a Hokage. She was a good shinobi but never reached the same level as the likes of Naruto, yet now here she stands far stronger than he is. When did she suddenly leap forward, when did she get this strong because he must have been looking away when that happened? Also this rage, where did she acquire this rage?

"Hinata, are you certain about this?" Minato asks, "Because in all honesty I'm just as angry as you but-"

"Minato!" Kushina shouts, silencing the 4th Hokage.

"I'm certain," Hinata answers without looking back.

Minato takes a deep breath and throws his marked kunai as far into the distance as he can send it. Using the nine-tails chakra within him, he connects his energy with Kushina, Himawari, Dai and Naruto, teleporting them away with the flying thunder god technique. Now he has made the decision to run, to believe in Hinata, and she is all alone.

Hinata doesn't wait another moment. The second Minato disappears the Hyuuga charges at her tormentor, dashing at him with as much speed as she can muster. As she steps forward she notices her legs are slightly heavy, largely dulled by adrenaline but heavy nonetheless. While her fatigue must be nothing compared to what Mars must be feeling, she is in far better condition than the class 7 warrior.

Mars turns to run from Hinata but the moment he steps down on his right foot he feels an agonising pain shoot up his leg. He keeps running because his life depends on it. This is the sort of pain that true soldiers have experienced many times, the military, the imperial guard, the shinobi, but to him it is alien. But, he must keep running, that is the only way he can survive right now.

With every second that passes the space between the two fighters closes. Mars is forced to zig-zag and run in other obscure patterns, desperately trying to find any way to shake Hinata off. He makes unplanned rotations, he forces Hinata to make sharp turns, but even with his greater battle strength he is unable to escape his predator whom has dexterity far in excess of his own.

Eventually Mars realises that he can run no further. He pivots on his left leg, keeping his injured right off the floor and instead using its rotary motion for momentum. He spins, his fist clad in some of the 'fire' energy that has started to repopulate his inner world and unleashes a strike towards Hinata.

"You'll make mistakes," Mars taunts her, "Just like he made a mistake when he decided to stick with you lot."

Hinata grips Mars' fist to prevent him striking using her left hand and begins to calculate how fast Mars' power is returning to him. He may not know the regulation battle principle, but unfortunately the mercenary's power is returning faster than she would have liked. Right now though, she is in the better position. Hinata grabs Mars' top with her right hand pulling him towards her and slamming their heads into one another.

As Mars staggers backwards Hinata steps towards him and begins a systematic exchange of punches. Mars tries to fight back but he feels this fight travelling in a familiar direction as all of his punches miss. He spots the unusual pattern in Hinata's eyes and determines that she too is gifted with boosted senses, not to the same degree as Naruto, but enough to give her supremacy over him.

When strikes do not work, Mars resorts instead to grappling. However, this new tactic doesn't serve him any better than the last, Hinata quickly overpowers Mars. The shinobi may lose in a direct test of strength, but in a game of footwork she would never lose to Mars, especially on an injured leg. She dances around him, turning him inside out by attacking from clever angles before knocking him to the ground with a strike to his injured leg.