Chapter 82 A FAMILY TORN

The Hidden Leaf Hideout

As the fires from Mirai and Sarada's fight begin to spread, the villagers cower and cover their eyes with their forearms. They are a good distance away, protected by walls of chakra and divine energy and yet they can still feel the incredible heat from the inferno. There is a fear that the villagers have never experienced before in the face of this fight. Mirai is the one fighting for their right to escape from this hell, but the one she is fighting against is their chosen leader. She is fighting against the 9th Hokage, Uchiha Sarada.

It is a one-sided battle, not in terms of results but in terms of attacks. Sarada remains almost perfectly stationary, using her dynamic abilities of 'creation' to neatly deflect each of Mirai's incoming attacks. This fight is not entirely easy for her though, because her objective is not to win, it's to avoid Mirai getting hurt and to avoid her getting past. This requires incredible skill that, so few possess, but the last Uchiha just may be one of the few.

Kakashi watches the two titans do battle with divine energy and raw chakra that far exceeds his own. His Sharingan darts left and right, following Mirai to each of the new angles she tries to attack from. He can just about keep up with his stellar visual prowess and experience with high-speed battles. He notes that this may make Mirai seem quick, which she is relative to him. For Sarada though, Mirai must appear to be moving in slow motion.

'No way I can intervene here' Kakashi determines, reprimanding himself for spending so much time observing. 'They are both too fast, my eyes can only just track Mirai and Sarada must be faster still'.

"Everyone!" Kakashi shouts, uncharacteristically loud for the usually subtle shinobi. "Follow me! We'll go around the back of them, hurry!".

Kakashi's on-the-spot thinking is nearly perfect. Given the short time available to make decisions, it would be almost impossible to think of a greater alternative. He is truly a strategical thinker who is capable of keeping up with the best of them. As he begins to lead the villagers around the fight though, he comes to realise that this perfect decision making, is also predictable decision making, at least to another Hokage.

A kunai lands in front of Kakashi, digging less than an inch into the ground as its point penetrates the soft grassy surface. With a flash of gold, a man wearing clothing of red and white appears and lifts the kunai up from the ground. He is here to block their path, a member of the Hidden Leaf Village who believes that the villagers should stay where they are. An Uzumaki Naruto loyalist, Namikaze Minato.

Kakashi stops and assess the blocker.

"… Minato sensei…".

"… Kakashi…".

The two lock eyes momentarily. Kakashi considers attempting a genjutsu, dismissing the idea based on Minato's incredible chakra and divine energy. A genjutsu won't work against someone like him, no, not against a jinchuriki. There is no quick way around this problem, the 4th Hokage, a space-time expert like himself, is ideal for controlling the masses in a situation like this.

"I suppose you are going to insist on stopping me here" Kakashi sighs. "There isn't any chance that I could talk you out of this?".

"There is no chance of that at all" Minato replies. "I actually hoped that I could be the one to convince you to change your mind".

"Sensei, I'm afraid that right now, I am making decisions based on logic and not on emotion. I'm afraid that I have some duties as the Hokage".