Chapter 141-SASUKE AND SAKURA

On the Patrol Route

It was a long time ago when Mitsuki first saw him. He hadn't taken the title of Shadow Hokage at the time, but he had the same aura back then, he was a man who valued the village above all. Although he seemed distant, there were rare moments of warmth when he looked at those closest to him, at his wife, at his daughter, at his best friend. While the Hokage's carefree attitude made him approachable, it also made him seem harmless, traits that his shadow did not share. From the moment you looked at Sasuke you could tell he was a man you never tangled with.

The Sasuke standing before him now is much younger than Mitsuki has ever seen before and with a slightly different feel about him. He is slightly shorter and the rage inside him that he has not yet been able to hide. Nevertheless, he appears to be on their side, and he appears to be stronger than he ever was in the pocket world. This is the man who never stopped battling, who never went soft for a single day, this is the strongest Uchiha Sasuke.

Sasuke's rinnegan pulses and the Shadow 7th Hokage turns to glance over his right shoulder. There are more approaching, just like the others who attacked moments ago. He doesn't wait for the others to react; he simply turns and charges towards them.

Mitsuki watches as Sasuke battles without the use of the viridian energy from before. Even without using his full power, the Uchiha's dexterity affords him a significant advantage over his 'death' wielding opponents. He dances through their attacks with precision and counters with accuracy in place of might. A stream of melee combat that lasts for what feels to be an eternity yet Sasuke does not receive a single strike on his body.

This is unbelievable Mitsuki determines. Just a few moments ago he had been sure that they would die, the victims of an assassination attempt clearly engineered to purify the group of 'death' users. However, of all the people to show up it's Boruto's old master. One of the most revered shinobi to have ever lived has somehow been reanimated and has come to their rescue.

Reanimated is wrong, he has been summoned. Mitsuki, a user of the reanimation technique himself, can tell the difference easily, this is a living breathing Uchiha Sasuke. He quickly puts the pieces together in his mind. Only one person amongst them could have brought Sasuke back like this, that would be his daughter, Sarada. It makes sense, he remembers the day Sarada collapsed, just as if she had brought someone forward into the future. That was the second time she attempted the technique; it must have been Sasuke that she brought here.

Truly, everything happens for a reason.

Sarada brought Sasuke to the future for Boruto.

"Hey, Sasuke, why are you taking so long, stop holding back!" Sakura demands.

Sasuke's eyes bolt back and forward as he skips through the attacks, he looks for a safe place to land so that he can most easily speak with his teammate. He choses a spot between two of the attackers, using his sharingan to put a simple genjutsu on them. He steps forward out of their way as the two of them throw attacks that end up hitting one another.

"I don't want to use that power if I can help it," Sasuke admits.

Sakura runs forward, joining her partner in battle. She sprints to the two dazed warriors that Sasuke cast the genjutsu on, lifting them both by the neck and powerfully slamming them back down into the ground.

Mitsuki was more familiar with the abilities of Sarada's mother than her father. Sakura was one of the most respected shinobi in the village when he was growing up, widely acknowledged as a medical genius and a powerhouse on the battlefield. Still, back then she never had this sort of power, she never could have stood up to these 'death' wielding drones. No, both Sakura and Sasuke have changed since they came to Homeworld. Their attacks are clearly enhanced by divine energy, they have evolved just as their teammate Naruto did.