Chapter 188-The Hardest Lesson

The Royal Palace, Ewoa

Another collision of divine energy, golden 'psychic' against golden 'chaos'. The debris that the fight has created launches in all directions at high speed, including towards Ming Dai and Shao Chin. Nadia may not have joined this fight herself, but she is ready to protect Swen's son. She dashes into the path of the debris, using golden 'mind' energy to form a shield and protect them. She sees Dai's reaction to her defence and smiles, clearly he finds her just as terrifying as the other two. He is wise, she can be much more intimidating than them given motive.

Swen uses his golden 'psychic' energy to lift Sabine from her feet. He then throws her backwards, driving her through her throne and into the thick stone wall behind. He then uses the same telekinetic power to pull her towards him and he aims a strike at her.

Sabine is quick to respond, grabbing Swen's incoming fist. She stamps on the floor with her unique powers, sending one piece of debris flying at Swen and the other at herself, sending them both staggering backwards. Swen, fuelled by his anger is the first to recover and he aims yet another strike at Nadia. This time he catches her solidly in the arm and he doesn't stop driving the attack until he feels something break. Finally he uses his telekinetic powers to push her back a short way again.

The Crazy Queen raises her arm, by the time it is completely raised she holds it straight out as if is nothing. Her wounds have completely healed, a recovery on par with even Naruto's. She lunges at Swen. Swen turns his back, aiming a spinning kick towards her chest. Sabine catches the attack and wraps her hand tightly around Swen's foot. She squeezes as hard as she can, using golden 'chaos' energy to increase her strength.

To Ming Dai's surprise Swen's leg starts to glow the pink of his 'psychic' energy. It looks just like when Naruto uses his divine oddity, but clearly that is impossible, Swen has no divine oddity. This is likely part of his divine ability, an armor-like power. Nevertheless, Sabine's grip continues to tighten, and soon cracks begin to appear in his glowing pink outer shell.

Swen raises his hand and redirects as much energy as he can to his telekinetic powers. He concentrates on pulling Sabine's hands apart, but he cannot, her strength is superior to his own, he realises that now. This is the enemy who only Endou Akashi could defeat, he sees why now. He had thought that he had the upper hand against Sabine, but she recovers from all of his attacks almost instantly, and in a contest of raw strength she is winning.

Eventually Swen loosens Sabine's grip just enough. He steps forward before using his other foot to strike the underside of Nadia's chin. He flips backwards and lands on his feet a few feet away from her.

Swen looks at Nadia.

"I'm sorry Nadia. I wouldn't ask under any other circumstances."

Nadia smiles. "It's fine. I don't have many friends left in this world. I don't intend on losing any of them."

Nadia walks to Swen's side her own golden 'mind' cloak activated. She is going to join the fight. Two against one the power advantage should be theirs, but Sabine is no ordinary opponent, unique even among the royals. Still the power difference is not her concern, her concern is a strategy. Already she begins to calculate Sabine's weaknesses. Clearly when Akashi fought her he didn't cause any permanent damage, so either her recovery powers make that impossible, or he didn't need to. Overcoming her recovery powers must be possible, otherwise Akashi would never have defeated her. She works with the assumption that the most straightforward way to defeat Sabine is to completely exhaust her energy reserves, depriving her of the power to recover. That is not an easy task. Still, having already determined what Sabine's intentions are, Nadia has determined a far easier way to defeat the Crazy Queen.