Chapter 80 THE VILLAGE SPLITS

The Circle

The Circle is the fullest and yet the emptiest it has ever felt all at once. Previously they have called emergency meetings, but this is on another level to any incident they have had to deal with before. Nobody in this entire haphazard alliance can claim to be as strong as Naruto, but there are a whole bunch of them who could wound him in his sleep. That is what one of them has done, and the chief suspect for that is General Clyde himself. If it turns out that he did it and that he has betrayed them, the village will struggle to survive.

All the usual suspects are at this meeting, Shikadai and his father as the administrators, the Kage, except for Naruto, Hashirama and Boruto, Clyde, Peterson, Sheer and Elliot. This meeting is more though, this calls for action across the entire village. With that in mind, Shikadai called a collection of other high-ranking members of each group here.

In attendance is the military leader of the Hidden Leaf Village, Sarutobi Mirai, a powerhouse stronger than many of the Hokage. Also present are the remaining members of both Ino-Shika-Cho generations, along with Hinata, Shino, Kiba and Tenten, together who formed a generation to surpass all others. From Clyde's group, not only have the generals attended the meeting, but also the Colonels that have come to be trusted by the Hidden Leaf villagers. Lastly, from Lara's group, not only is Elliot in attendance, but so are Brooks and Blackburn. Then of course is the one who they thought most likely to be a traitor, General Lara. If only they had known back, then what they know now.

"I'm sure you all realise that more people are here than usual, that is because this is a very important meeting. Perhaps, the most important in our history" Shikadai begins ceremoniously, "The most important individual to this meeting is the one man who can't be here right now. That is Lord 7th, Uzumaki Naruto".

Clyde remains calm, "Shikadai, please tell us what happened".

Minato can feel his hand twitch as Clyde speaks with this ignorant demeanour. In his mind, this is the man who attacked his son, who put him on the verge of death and is now a threat to the entire village. Everything will probably be OK, if you don't kill Naruto his abilities of recovery will bring him back even from the brink of death, but such actions would certainly spell the end of any alliance. In addition to that, such actions may also end all hope this world has for freedom.

"I'm sure this won't come as a surprise given how voices travel around here but Naruto has been attacked, he has been left in a critical condition" Shikadai explains.

Whispers quickly travel back and forward between the closest allies at the table. Mirai looks to her grandfather for confirmation, Kiba moves to reassure Hinata, Burns quickly places a calming hand on Grace's shoulder. All little comforts, disguising the main issue. There are personal grudges in this camp, too many of them to count, but not even Lara should have a grudge against Naruto. This attack, seemingly without incentive, was clearly premeditated by a dangerous adversary. That can only mean that the situation has just become very volatile.

"Not many people could have put Naruto in a critical condition" Peterson is quick to note.

"No, they couldn't" Mirai says, agreeing with the analysis, "That means that there can't be many suspects outside of this room".

The majority of the rooms occupants still aren't aware of the exact circumstances of Naruto's assault, there assumptions quickly go in the obvious direction. As soon Mirai declares that the assailant is likely present, they look to the four most recent aggressors in the room. Namely, they look at Blackburn, Brooks, Elliot and Lara.