Chapter 189-Fighting King Max

Outside CheoCho

While Rana is not a great scientist herself she has come to understand the basics. She has spent years in the services of the man who run's Homeworld's laboratories, one cannot live in the presence of such a man and not pick up a few things. One experiment that Rana did hear a few details of was the creation of a warrior with perfect animal-like instincts. She remembers Jonas rebuking Max for losing this experiment, perhaps the most shameful moment of Max's reign. That most vital experiment stands before her now as an enemy. That experiment is Hannah.

Hannah rushes towards Rana.

Rana is afraid, and she is wise to be. Hannah may be the most frightening opponent she has ever faced.

Hannah charges towards Rana, she keeps an even and steady pace as she does so, counting the footsteps between them in her head. She watches Rana's movements and they confirm her instincts regarding the general's preferred counter-attack. Rana spins her hands once and throws golden 'space' energy into the gap between them. This is the general's favoured method of confusing her opponents, bending the space between them to make fighting harder for any would be foe. This gives Hannah the chance to try out the latest technique she has invented.

Hannah lifts both her hands and positions them just over her right shoulder. With hands raised she begins to gather golden 'light' energy on them both, energy that she inherited from her mother. She stretches that energy into a beam, not one with the power to harm anyone but easily bright enough power to illuminate the surroundings. The beam travels a long way behind her and in front of her, just to the left of Rana from the perspective of Naruto's student. She claps her hands around this beam and announces the name of her latest technique.

"Light Speed."

In an instant Hannah appears beside Rana, her hands still around the beam of golden 'light' but in a different position. Rana starts. 'That is impossible, I was bending space, she should have slowed down. She moved through the manipulated zone too fast. It was like she wasn't moving at all. It was more like teleportation.'

Naturally Hannah cannot teleport. A technique like teleportation requires a complex application of energy, even for Sasuke who has mastered 'spacetime' energy. However, she has perfected the speed boost that a user receives when they use 'light' as their element. 'Light' users travel faster by catching the light in the air, by travelling with it, but they can only partially interact with that light. It would be impossible for most people to completely interface with the light, but she has perfect instincts. By interfacing with that light completely she can travel along with it, she accomplishes that complete interface by creating the light herself. There is however a weakness to this technique, the beam of golden 'light' broadcasts her potential destinations.

Regardless of Light Speed's potential weaknesses, it is a strength which Hannah is more than ready to make use of. By bursting through Rana's distorted space, she is now face to face with the general. She strikes out with a pair of jabs, each of them knocking Rana slightly backward. Rana tries to retreat again, but Hannah creates a golden 'light' beam and uses Light Speed to move behind the general. Hannah grabs Rana by the wrist, spins her around and then delivers a powerful headbutt to her.

Rana tries to counterattack in every way she can. First she steps forward towards Hannah and attempts the first strike. Hannah responds to this by changing her style to a more passive approach, gently pushing Rana's strike just past her body before retaliating with a jab to Rana's head. Rana tries to endure the jab and follow-through. Hannah creates a beam of golden 'light' and uses Light Speed to move back two paces. Hannah raises her left leg and kicks Rana three times before lowering it, this time knocking the general to the ground.