063 - Final-Shucking-Ly

SADLY, they got more company in the elevator.

Siren tensed up when Janson squeezed himself through the door, and her grip on the gun tightened. If it weren't for the fact they promised not to draw any attention to themselves, she would've shot him.

"You're working late." He stopped next to Teresa, who stood rooted to the ground. "See, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just... Well, you never give up."

The girl didn't reply. Just nervously stood there.

"Times like this, you need a friend that you can count on."

"I'll bear that in mind," she muttered, clearly not amused. Neither was Siren, since she almost threw up.

"There is one thing you should know," Janson continued. "One friend to another... Thomas is here."

Shuck.

"A surveillance picked him up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know, but there is a chance that he may try to contact you, and if he does, I'd like to think that I'd be your first call. And no doubt that he didn't bring that little shit with him."

"She has a name," Teresa called.

Janson sighed, his jaw clenching. "Siren, then. That better?"

Damn, the anger coming off Thomas was strong. Siren held her breath, praying he wouldn't do anything stupid until Newt nudged his shoulder slightly.

"Are you going to kill them?" Teresa asked.

With a grin, Janson looked at her. "Would that be a problem?"

"This is me." Without another word, Teresa stepped out of the elevator. Siren hated how she had to follow, because that would cause so much suspicion, but she had to.

Thomas couldn't help but to bump into Janson shoulder, hard.

"Shit, I hate that man." Siren pulled her mask off. Her eyes flickered to Teresa. "Where to?"

"This way," a mumble and they followed again, with their masks on.

So far, it was going well.

"Fuck." Zach stopped his walk. Shakily, he pointed in the distance, where multiple guards were approaching. "Janson found out."

"Siren!" But it was too late. The girl already pulled out her gun and started shooting like crazy, not caring about any bullets being fired at her.

"If you stay behind me you'll be fine," she warned once she was done. "Come on. Teresa, show us the way."

They continued rushing through the building, shooting bullets here and there. Somehow, it still went perfect and they safely arrived wherever Teresa claimed they had to go for the cure.

"Newt, Zach, sit down." She covered the windows and slammed the door closed. "Thomas, I'm gonna need your blood. After that, take watch with Siren outside. I think they might have gotten priority over the cameras again."

Quickly, Teresa took some of Thomas's blood with a syringe, and started mixing stuff Siren didn't understand together.

"Alright, I can't bloody take this." Newt tilted his head after a good twenty minutes. "You two," he motioned at Siren and Thomas, "go get Minho."

One glance was shared and they immediately rushed out of the room, guns in their hands.

"Act normal."