024 - Rolling Off A Mountain

"HERE." Zach pressed a piece of bread in Siren's hand. "He never gave you any food, did he?"

"He didn't." She confirmed, and pushed the bread back. "I don't want it. Thanks."

"Then it's been like three days since you ate!" He closed her fist around it. "We don't want you falling unconscious or something. Why won't you eat it?"

"It comes from Adkins. And I don't trust anything that has to do with him."

"Do you trust me?"

"Maybe."

"Then eat it. We did too. Nothing happened."
Carefully, Siren took the food and nibbled on it, slow and hesitant.

Adkins had ruined the trust she barely had in the first place.

"Will also let you heal faster." He patted on her shoulder, encouraging the girl. "Gets you some muscles."

"I have muscles!"

He held up his hands. "More muscles, then." A pause in which he looked at Marie. "Hey, how long until we-."

"Are you sure this is the right bloody way, Tommy?"

Siren froze in her place.

There were voices and sounds behind the bushes. Flashes of people walking past and before she could hold herself back, she had ran through the plants.

And then froze again.

All Gladers, in front of her. Newt looked like he saw a ghost. Minho's mouth opened and Thomas pulled his confused face again.

"Siren?"

For... whatever reason, she hugged the first person she saw, wanting the physical touch only this once.

Of course that had to be Thomas—

(Gotta add the Bellarke hug, pretending it's them :)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Gotta add the Bellarke hug, pretending it's them :)

She didn't care this time, just wrapped her arms around the boy. Taken aback, he eventually embraced her, too.

She could smell some of the soap WICKED had given them on his skin, though there was also a hint of sweat, yet... he smelled fresh. Her head buried in his shoulder, happiness of reuniting with her friends taking over. Even Thomas.

"So the mermaid suddenly likes physical touch, hm?" A murmur. His breaths tickling her ear.

"Only like it for this once, then hate it. Just like you." She mumbled back, arms tightening around him.

"You don't hate me."

"Strongly dislike."

"You wouldn't be hugging me if you strongly dislike me."