059 - New Scars

SHE looked down at her body, where Amery decided to add a few slices.

How didn't she notice? No idea.

She held her arms up, blood dripping off it. A few cuts on her sides and a deep one running across her stomach. Her cheek felt damaged.

Well, if Thomas still named her scars the sky without stars, the sky would have a lot of stars now- if that made sense.

Hoping the machete was made from that silver she could heal from, Siren stood up. Her muscles ached but other than that, she was perfectly fine.

Well, she would have to find something against the blood loss.

More casually than she should have, Siren walked out of the room with no last glances at Amery's dead body. She wiped her hands on her sweaty clothes. Job... done.

She walked until she heard more voices. Shuck, she hated people when they weren't her friends.

But whatever. From what Zach told her, these people were harmless.

Maybe not if a girl that was covered in blood walked in, though. Well, whatever. She would see. Yolo.

It was the cafeteria Zach also told her about. It was filled with women and children, all dirty and skinny like sticks.

Uncomfortable with the eyes following at her, Siren moved to a bar. Glass separated her from the woman behind it. "Yo."

Bothered, the woman looked up. "Yes?"

"Perhaps you have like a towel or something?"

Her eyes trailed over Siren's bloody body. She raised her eyebrows.

"Hey, sometimes you gotta kill a few guys. Towel, please? I might drip onto your..." She looked down at the dusty ground, "beautiful ground."

"Wait here."

Siren leaned against the counter, letting go of some heavy breaths. She noticed more people staring at her. Awkwardly, she stared back at a boy.

The second she did that, she regretted it. He started walking closer.

"Hey."

She looked up and down at his fit, but certainly unattractive body. Every existing person was unattractive to Siren.

Everyone but Thomas, of course.

"Hi," she said dryly. "Need anything?"

"You're..." He stared for a while. "Bloody. But definitely not ugly."

"Kinky." She turned away, but he appeared in front of her again.

"What do you like?"

"Murder." Her eyes stabbed in his. "And the boyfriend I have."

"He's a lucky guy."

"Sweet."

Without shame, "You're cute."

"Unlike you," she snapped. Fuck's sake, if he didn't leave right now, she'd punch him in the ground.

"So your boyfriend... I don't see him."

"Put your glasses on."

"I still won't see him with those, will I?"

"Nah, so you might see that I'm not interested in you at all. Leave me alone." Her jaw clenched. The pain of the slices was slowly starting to kick in and she did not enjoy it.

"That boyfriend isn't very careful, hm? Letting you get stabbed? Leave you in a place where you're certainly not known? I wouldn't call it... protective."