015 - Explanations

SHE spent the night trying to sleep in the corner, but it was almost impossible. Alby's sweaty face before he got pulled away from her kept showing up in her mind, along with Clint and Zart their screams. God, they lost too many people.

"Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks like klunk," Reeve muttered as he sat down next to the girl. She had an abrasion on her cheek, cut in the lip, and dark bags surrounded her eyes. Hair messy and clothes ruined. "No offense."

"I feel like klunk." She slowly sat up, stretching the stiff muscles. "How's Thomas?"

Even with the sad mood, a grin grew on Reeve's face. "Caring about him now, hm?" His eyebrow flew up. "But yeah, he's waking up. That's why I came to get you. Boy got some crap to say. Since he must remember."

Siren nodded. The duo got up and started making their way to the Slammers.
Siren hadn't really been worrying about it, but Gally took charge immediately. Through the days he had collected more boys volunteering to stay on his side and not Thomas's. She knew she had talked to Gally about Thomas and how they both didn't trust him, but she never told him to resist completely.

However, she didn't understand herself. First, she doesn't trust Thomas, then she's suddenly willing to escape with his plan. Maybe because Minho, Reeve, and Newt were with him too.

"You know, he ain't that grumpy as most people after The Changing." Reeve added.

"It's 'cause of the serum. The one Teresa brought up is different. It makes The Changing go faster and leaves the patients the same, except they do remember things that could make them turn worse," Siren summarized. She had found out about this information, and was now fully convinced that was the truth.

"Jeff's with Gally, too." Reeve mumbled. He lowered his head. "I hope he'll change teams soon."

Siren just hummed, no able to take more of this depressing information about the now broken-up Med-Jacks.

Later, they arrived at the same Slammer Ben had been in. Minho, Newt, and Chuck were already sitting there, crouched. Teresa was thrown in the Slammer too, apparently.

Siren watched Thomas open his eyes slowly. His hair stuck to his forehead from an uncomfortable sweat, blood and other damage in his shirt.

"What happened?" He groaned.

Newt immediately answered. "Gally has taken control. He said we had a choice. Either join him... or get banished at sundown with you."

Oh, that was awesome!
Although, if they brought The Key with them, it wouldn't be a problem.

"And the others agreed to that?"

"Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened."

A long silence in which Thomas looked down. Fidgeted with his fingers.
"Well, he's been right so far."

Siren's breathing stopped.
"What are you talking about?"

"This place... it's what Siren and I suspected. An experiment." He explained slowly. "It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork."

Siren blinked a few times, frowning.
"They were sending them up into the maze."

Thomas's Adam's apple moved. "Yeah, but not all of us." He muttered. Looked up again. "Guys, I'm one of them."

She knew. She shucking knew.

"The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you have been here... I was on the other side of it."