035 - Newt

⚠️: Mentions of suicide

SIREN woke up before Crackhead, probably because he had gotten a little too comfortable.

Her hands were wrapped around his middle, which he held tightly. And even with their height difference, he had managed to snuggle up against her.

Today, they would have to pack to leave these mountains and go somewhere else so WICKED had less chances of finding them. But first, Siren forced herself to finally go talk to Newt.

It took a while before she freed herself away from Thomas's grip, mostly because she had tried to be as quiet as possible. The boy deserved some sleep, and she wasn't even talking about how cute he looked... or that she had underestimated his hair, which looked just as perfect as his nose and eyes and probably everything.

Siren quickly got dressed, hoping Thomas wouldn't wake up to that. She made a braid in her hair, rubbed sleep out of her eyes, and slipped into her shoes.

After three years of observing, she was well aware Newt was morning person. No way he wasn't awake yet.

His roommate, was in fact not a morning person. However, Siren guessed he would be forced to wake up early because of the amount of time he spent on his hair.

You know who she's talking about.

Anyway. She slumped through the damp air, the fresh morning smell filling her nose. Very few people were awake. They were either baking things or talking quietly, but it couldn't have been more than fifteen people.

Siren ended up not being able to find Newt getting breakfast, helping to make breakfast, or just limping around... but she did find Minho waiting in line for a sandwich. Strange.

She gave him a sharp glance. "Where's Newt?"

Minho shrugged, only having eyes for food. "He was here a few minutes ago. Then went back to our tent."

"Why?"

Another shrug. "Boy said he was tired. He indeed looked tired."

Worry crashed into Siren. If Newt grabbed onto his old habits in any way, she had to take action fast.

"Did he eat?"

"He will."

"How long has he been-."

"The fact that he's tired doesn't mean he-."

Siren decided Minho didn't help and wasn't planning to, so walked away before he could even finish his sentence. His tent was her destination.

"Newt?" She almost knocked, then remembered it wasn't a hard wall. "You in here?"

It was a few seconds of anxiously waiting. "Yeah, one sec."

This time, she waited patiently. It didn't take as long as the first time and soon, Newt invited her in.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Newt sat on his bed with his pajama shorts still on. A big hoodie covered his torso, the cap over his head so all she could see was the messy blonde hair.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." But his voice cracked. "What's up? Sit down, by the way."

Siren awkwardly sat next to him. "Just went to check up on you."

"Why?"