047 - A Change

SIREN was getting sick of the life she had. She felt miserable. Like a tiny baby who got sad when her friends didn't want to hang out with her, while back in The Glade, it had been the other way around. To her, that had felt way better.

She wasn't happy with her body and in what conditions it was. Back in The Glade she ran all day, and now she did nothing. Letting go of thoughts only worked while she ran, so that's why she decided to go do it again. Every morning. Maybe even more often.

And she was sick of not being herself. She wasn't a crybaby like she had been the previous days. Here, she cried more than she had in three shuck years! She didn't want Thomas's comfort all the time. It was sweet, yes, but when she thought about it, she realized her old self would've kicked him for it.

No, she was not planning to kick Thomas in the balls for comforting her, or for saying 'I love you'.

Maybe she would do it just for fun, though.

Kidding.

Hopefully.

She woke up in his arms. It didn't feel suffocating for once. Actually quite good. His amazing smell, his warm body pressed against hers, his hands touching her, and his steady breaths.

Yet she forced herself to slip out of his grip and go run. Unfortunately, Thomas woke up, but he didn't seem to mind doing so.

"Where are you going?" He muttered, voice deep from sleeping. His hair was ruffled. Pretty cute, if you asked Siren. 

"To run." She looked around, then grinned. Brenda lay down clothes for her the other day. 

There happened to be black leggings, and a white top. Perfect. So without realizing Thomas was still in clear presence, Siren pulled off her shirt and dressed into the white top (with her back turned to him, though).

Same with the leggings. She groaned in annoyance when she remembered the panties Brenda gave her were as small as herself. And the fact that they were bright red made her wonder who and what the hell Brenda had been messing around with in the past years.

The clothes fit, luckily, and she put on her shoes. Simple sneakers Jorge had saved. A high ponytail in her hair. She decided to warm up outside, and turned around.

Oh, well.

Thomas was obviously still behind her, sitting on the bed with his mouth half open, not really blinking.

"Uh." Her face changed into a red color immediately. "I- didn't- uh, I didn't realize you were... still here."

How can I not realize that? She nearly groaned again. This was embarrassing. Especially with the lingeries she wore. Oh, lord.

"Don't worry," he managed to get out, his face a little more relaxed. "I'm not complaining."

"Thomas!" She grunted, even more embarrassed as he started to laugh. "You could've said something!"

"I was too busy watching, baby." He let himself fall backward on the bed. "So running, hm?"

"Yes," it almost came out as a snap.

He chuckled. "You mind if I come with you?"

She squinted an eye at him. "You'll only slow me down."