050 - A Real Fever

A/n: 50 chapters, aahhh!! Thank you for all the support x

Also, I hope all these chapters aren't boring because they're not really fighting WICKED, etc

And another long chapter... hope it doesn't get annoying because of that :)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

THEY managed to sneak back into the building safely, cuddled at night, and in the morning, somewhat couldn't get their attention off each other. That went on for multiple days.

Yeah. Hormonal, desperate teenagers.

And it wasn't even to annoy Jorge. Just... after their cute little moment the other day, neither of the two felt like contacting anyone else, so they didn't. 

"Problem. If WICKED finds us here, we'll be killed." Thomas stated once they sneaked into the woods with food Siren stole from Frypan. She mentally apologized to him. Poor boy.

"But if the others catch us, we'll be turned over to Newt, Jorge, and Vince." Siren shrugged.

"WICKED it is."

"But, Buddy. We-."

"Your hands were under my shirt like three seconds ago. Don't you dare call me 'Buddy'." He nudged her in the shoulder, and her cheeks caught a blush at that reminder. She indeed had done that... whatever.

"Alright, Crackhead." She nudged him back a little harder (he winced). "Where were we?"

"Glade jobs and what we would be if Runners didn't exist."

"Right." She spread their food in front of them, on the blanket they brought. "And we found out you would not be a Med-Jack."

"Yes, I would be."

"No. You just told me that medical things is just stabbing people to live, which is quite violent."

"At least I know the ABC rule."

She lifted an eyebrow.

"A." He paused. "Bone." Another pause. "Coming through the skin is very bad."

Siren nearly slammed her head against a tree. "Woah, Thomas. So good and tough you're aware of that."

He smiles stupidly. "I know right? And you would be... I guess a Track-Hoe."

Perfect opportunity to tease him again.

"Did you just call me a hoe?"

His eyes widened, immediately causing Siren to hold back a laugh. "What? No! I meant Track-Hoe. The gardeners!"

She stared at him, eyebrows lifted.

"You're not a hoe," he peeped. "I promise."

She smiled, allowing her eyes to soften at him. "I was just playing with you. You need to work on how gullible you are, Crackhead."

"But I don't want to refuse to believe anything you say." He dramatically took a bite of his croissant. "And you play around too much. Which I like. Also, I think the bathrooms are finally finished. Hot water! And not the sea salt for you, so it won't hurt. And there will finally be a mirror and a normal toilet because each time I try to get rid of the drinks I drank earlier, a bug shows up and I scream and then Newt shows up and laughs at me. Then he screams at me for leaving behind dishes and then I do the dishes but one time, I dropped a plate and Fry sent me away and I ran into a very pissed Vince, who forced me to go hunting but I ended up petting the bunny and asked if I could save it for you once you came back from WICKED, because that was when you were still captured, but Vince shot the thing in front of my eyes and I'm traumatized now."