044 - Unpleasant Welcoming

SHE woke up by voices that couldn't have been further away than the room right next to her. Thomas wasn't in her arms anymore, so he must've been in that room too, about to explain how Siren suddenly escaped WICKED.

"Did ya finally catch some sleep, Tommy?" Newt's voice. Her heart warmed at hearing him again, though she got a little confused at the 'finally'.

"Yeah." Was Thomas's reply. Again, she melted.

"Bacon and eggs?" Frypan.

"God, yes!" Marie.

Some more voices. Vince's deep voice wished them a good morning, Jorge asking Brenda if she wanted to pass the eggs, and Zach and Reeve talking about whatever. Minho was probably sleeping in, Siren guessed.

It took about ten minutes for Thomas to raise his voice, and then Siren got a bit nervous too. "Alright. I've got something to say."

"Who died?"

"The fact Newt has to ask you that, Thomas, proves a lot."

"No one died!" He defended. "Vince, please don't kill me but uh... yesterday I went out."

"You're allowed to. Just not too far away."

"About that." Thomas cleared his throat. "I kind of sprinted all the way to WICKED's way station." The last three words almost came out like a peep.

"You did wh-."

"Wait! I had my reasons."

"Spill."

"Alright. So. I was... working out, when suddenly, I heard our radio."

"You were drawing a lizard that was supposed to represent me, Thomas. I saw it this morning."

"Whatever. Doesn't matter. What does matter... is that it was Siren on the radio."

A long silence fell, and Siren cringed. Once she remembered that eventually, she would have to reveal herself and that everyone would hug her, she shuddered. No thanks.

"She told me she escaped the place. I don't know how yet." Thomas continued after the awkward minute. "I went to get her and my normal bad luck was gone that day, because I did find her." A pause. "Well, we reunited, something happened but that's none of your business, and we went back here."

Siren grinned at the 'something happened but that's none of your business'.

"And she's currently sleeping in my bed." Thomas finished his story. "But don't you dare wake her up."

Now she smiled.

And another silence.

"You're not joking?"

"Why would I joke about something like this?"

"Well, you're Thomas, and-

"Why would you think I would ever joke about Siren's safety or-."

"Marie, we get it. Thomas, calm your bloody ass down." A long sigh left Newt's mouth. "Is she awake?"

"Don't know. She looked pretty tired, so I hope she is still dozed off."

Even though Siren had woken up, she did still feel tired. A few more hours of sleep wouldn't do any harm. And then she would continue living her life like nothing ever happened to her. Because by the way, she wasn't planning on sharing what happened in WICKED's way station. Not the visions, at least.

"Alright. I suggest we all do our own thing until she wakes up-."

"When she wakes up, you're not gonna jump at her with questions and hugs and whatever, unless she asks."