036 - No More Lies

"ARE you okay?" Thomas whispered to Siren. After she and Newt stepped out of his tent, they almost immediately came across Thomas and Frypan.

"Yeah... are you?"

"I am." He paused. Looked concerned. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did... did you?"

"I did too." He had to catch up with her quick pace of walking. "You weren't uncomfortable?"

"I wasn't. Were you?"

"I wasn't either." He paused again. "Did you wake up in the middle of the night?"

"No..?" She furrowed her eyebrows and stopped walking to look at Thomas. "What's this all about?"

"Well..." He exhaled, looking down. "You were gone when I woke up so I thought you might've been uncomfortable and sneaked out to sleep somewhere else or something."

She nearly bursted out laughing before a fuzzy, warm feeling filled her stomach. He cared. "I wasn't uncomfortable, Crackhead. I woke up early and went to talk to Newt for a second."

"Right." Thomas swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbling up. "Talking to Newt."

Siren forced a smile, although it wasn't fake. "Yeah, had some things to discuss." She lay a sandwich on her plate. "You want one, too?"

Thomas gave her his plate. She put the food on it before they joined the rest of The Gladers their table.

"Morning, lovebirds."

Siren rolled her eyes, but this time, she didn't correct Minho and just greeted back. Everyone else was there, except for Newt and Marie. Minho claimed Newt had asked her to eat with him and him alone so now, they sat somewhere else. Siren nearly grinned.

"Hey, Teresa." She made sure she sat down next to the girl, after noticing she had been acting a bit strange lately. "How're you doing?"

"I'm good." A small smile, but it didn't show in her eyes. "And you?"

"Good, too." Siren replied, then yelped when Reeve suddenly started whispering in her ear. With furrowed eyebrows, she turned to the boy.

"Siren." He breathed, eyes wide. "I woke up with my arm wrapped around Zach and I tried pulling it back because I was embarrassed as hell but he smiled and literally moved even closer and made sure my arm kept sitting around his waist and-." He gasped for air. "Yeah- that."

It took Siren a few seconds to register what he just said. "Well, that's amazing."

"Say that again, but please with some enthusiasm."

She cupped her hands around her mouth. "That's amazing, Reeve! I am so, so glad you cuddled with Zach and that he-."

"Shh!" He slammed his hand on her mouth. "I didn't tell you to yell it! I'm never telling you something like this again."

With a satisfied smile, Siren continued eating.

"So..." Minho leaned closer. He sat across from Siren, a smirk on his face. "How is project Get-Thoren-To-Cuddle-In-One-Bed going? Also known as GTTCIOB."

She rolled her eyes, not replying because in the corner of her eye, she noticed Thomas watching them and most likely eavesdropping too. What would he think if she told the truth about the cuddling? Would he get happy or angry if she lied?

"Ask Thomas."

Great, Siren. Just shove the problem to Crackhead with one percent chance of this working out.

Minho turned to Thomas. "How'd you sleep last night, TommyBoy? Perhaps you cuddled with a certain someone?"

Thomas's face got red so fast that Siren realized he wouldn't answer this either. With helpless eyes, he stared at Siren.