022 - New People

"DO you think we can escape this place?" Siren asked the boy, Zach. He was still doing his best to clean up her back.

As he did so, he wondered how the hell the girl even managed to stay alive while wearing this damage. Blood was spread over her skin like a mask. It was so much redness he barely could tell apart which ones were the cuts or which was skin, even though there wasn't even much undamaged skin left.

"You can try, but if you get caught, you're dead." He murmured, mostly just stressing out because this was bad. "Hey, uh- doesn't it still hurt?"

"Not as worse as a few minutes ago." She said, and frowned. Focused on her back for a second. "It actually doesn't hurt at all... is that bad?"

"I hope not." He hurried up the process of cleaning.

"What're they gonna do next?" She couldn't help but to ask more questions. She needed answers. Or to just escape!

"Use you." He replied. "I think. Probably already gonna start draining you like they're planning to do with every Immune."

"Are you an Immune?"

"No." His voice turned quieter. "Not a lot of people in here are."

She was silent for a while, then, "Can I try to escape?"

"Sure, if you want your whole body to look like your back."

"I'm serious. If they don't catch me, they can't hurt me." She exhaled quietly. "Is there a way out?"

Zach hesitated for a long time. He wasn't supposed to say all this. But come on, it was a sixteen-year-old!
"Yeah. There's a giant front door, but there's also a lot of guards."

"We can fight those off."

"...we?"

"Uh." Siren was taken aback by her own words. "I mean, I suppose you don't really enjoy working in this place. Or do you?"

"Not really. But I've got people to take care of here."

"Alright." She stopped speaking, allowing herself to let go of the worries for a second. Maybe Adkins spared her and would let her go to sleep, 'cause she was tired as hell. But if he did, that meant she would get more energy to survive more torture.

Awesome.

Too much voices in her head, too less voice coming out of her mouth. She wondered what that was like for Thomas. He definitely didn't have too few voices coming out of his mouth. Did that mean he didn't have much voices in his head? Equal amount? The same as Siren?

Nah, her mind must've been too difficult for someone to understand. She didn't even understand it herself.

But Thomas couldn't have had a blank mind. Although he was never brewing a plan with it. Probably just Crackhead-thought-like things.

"You're getting suspiciously quiet." Zach called.

So actually, this is my normal self.

"Just thinking."

"Mind sharing?"

"Thinking about-." Siren stopped. And frowned as an unsure feeling hit her. "Someone."

The dripping sound of Zach wetting the cloth before it hit her skin again.
"A special someone?"

She lowered her head. Tried to shrug, but her numb skin on her back wouldn't allow her to.

"Hm?"

"Someone that's interesting enough to be stuck in your mind." Siren said slowly, as if she would betray something she wasn't even aware of herself.