Chapter 98

Chapter 98

Cole POV

I walked down the stairs and saw my dad on the couch watching TV.

"Dad, have you seen-" I started to say before I saw my wife laying on the floor in front of the fireplace. "Is she asleep?" I asked walking over towards her.

"I'm up," Liv said. "It's just so warm," she said rolling over.

I went over to her and sat down and touched her back. Her back was very warm.

"What are you doing?" Liv asked.

"Nothing," I said as I moved her a bit and let her rest her head in my lap. I stroked her hair.

"Why? I was comfortable," Liv said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're okay," I said.

My dad looked over at us. "You will be four years in May?" My dad asked.

"Yup," I said as I looked down at Liv. Liv rolled her eyes.

"It seems longer than that," my dad said.

"I know, and it's surprising to know she turns seventeen in just a few days," I said as Liv groaned.

"Stop making me sound old," she said.

"I'll be nineteen soon," I said.

"I know," Liv said sitting up. "And you'll still be dating a teenager," she said. I rolled my eyes.

"You act older than you really are babe, but not by much," I said quickly unless she took it the wrong way.

"I know, there was a thing from "Famous Birthday's," asking if I was really turning seventeen soon," Liv said.

"I saw that, I think it's because you hangout with people older than you, that they think you are their age as well," I said.

"Yeah," Liv said.

"Speaking of your birthday," I said as Liv groaned. "Oh shut up, you're gonna be fine," I said.

"Cole," my dad said.

"What?" I asked.

"I just want to stay here next to the fire with my kindle," Liv said.

"So you'd rather read than go on a date with your husband?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

I saw Liv look at me as her face softened. "Damn your eyebrows," Liv said. I smiled.

Later that night Liv and I went to Applebee's.

The manager walked us to our seats as we sat down. He took our drink order before walking away.

"You look beautiful," I said.

"You've already told me that," Liv said.

"I know," I said. Liv was wearing a gray sweater with jeans and her black boots. Her hair was down, straightened.

Liv sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The same old same grind," Liv said though her teeth. "I want to sing again, and I want to write songs for my album," Liv said.

"I know you're frustrated, but you just wrote a bunch of songs for One Direction, and for IM5," I said.

"Yes, and I've also written songs for Selena, Miley and Demi, but nothing for me," Liv said. "Maybe I should just push my label for a Christmas album? It won't take that much time," Liv said.

"Yet that's not the direction your team wants you to take," I said.

"They did it with Justin!" Liv said.