Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Liv POV

New Years Day, Cole and I didn't do a whole lot. I kind of laid down and read most of the time. We also watched some TV. Then we went on my birthday date, as he called it, knowing we'd be with our group of friends the following day.

Today was my birthday!

Cole stayed up with me until midnight and kissed me wishing me a happy birthday before falling asleep.

I woke up a few hours later and checked my phone as Twitter and Instagram had a bunch of Happy Birthday messages for me. I went into my texts and saw a message from Meghan Trainor.

Meghan: Happy Sweet Sixteen!!!

Liv 💜: Thank you! How'd that song come out?

Meghan: Great! I'm at the studio now working on some stuff.

Liv 💜: Oo! Can I come and see?

Meghan: It's your Birthday! You shouldn't be working on your birthday!

Liv 💜: I have nothing better to do.

Meghan: Fine, you can come help.

Liv 💜: Yay! I'll be over in twenty minutes!

I got up and put my glasses on before changing into a pair of jeans and a black dress that went down to my knees. I added my black boots and left my blonde hair down.

I walked out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and washing my face. I saw Cole still fast asleep as I wrote him a note on where I was going.

I walked out of the room and called Dwight. He came by a few minutes later and picked me up.

"Happy birthday, Liv," Dwight said as I got in.

"Thank you," I said.

"I found it surprising when you told me you were heading to the studio, on your birthday?" Dwight asked.

"Everyone is done celebrating by the time it's my birthday, so I don't really expect much of anything really," I said.

"Cole would say otherwise," Dwight said. I rolled my eyes. "He does know you left right?" He asked.

"Yes, but knowing him, he's going to have a fit that I left," I said.

The rest of the car ride was silent. My thoughts starting playing back last night. Cole told me he loved me at my favorite restaurant. He always tells me that, but not all the time when we are in public. We really do try to keep our relationship on the down low and promote our music more.

"We're here," Dwight said. I smiled and thanked him before I got out of the car.

I walked in and went into studio two and saw Meghan.

"Happy Birthday Liv," Meghan said walking over and giving me a hug.

"Thank you," I said. "So what are you working on?" I asked.

"I had this idea, that we write like a celebration song," Meghan said.

"I had the same idea maybe a month ago! I just haven't been able to put it into words!" I said sitting down beside her.

"What are your thoughts?" She asked.

"A touchdown dance, so the guy says he loves me and I'm gonna celebrate with my touchdown dance," I said. "So it could start with, I told him I loved him last night at my favorite restaurant," I said singing.

"Just like in the movies I told him it's you the one I want," Meghan sang. I nodded my head and smiled.

"I broke with every word and tried to catch my breath, I stuttered through the tears and tried to say it back, I told him I loved him so I'm gonna celebrate this win and do my touchdown dance," I said before wiping a tear.