Chapter 97

Chapter 97

Liv POV

Ugh. The cold.

Cole, Scott, Theresa, Kylee, Onyx and I landed in Pittsburgh a few minutes ago, and man do I like living in LA.

It's always so nice and warm there.  When we go to Pittsburgh it's usually around winter.

"Are you excited about being home?" Cole asked. I nodded my head.

"And you're with me," I said. Cole smiled.

"It's so beautiful," he said.

"Are you talking about the city or Liv?" Kylee asked.

"The city, but Liv is beautiful as well," Cole said making me roll my eyes.

Twenty minutes later we were pulling into the dirt road.

"This is the one thing I don't miss about home," I said as Cole laughed.

We made it back to the house as I got out of the car. Onyx jumped out of the car and took off running down the hill as fast as he could. I looked around and saw I'd have to shovel the driveway. I went over to the garage and put the password in before the door opened. I saw my dad's old quad as Cole placed his arm around me.

"Do you think it still runs?" He asked. I shrugged.

"My mom used it maybe once or twice, other than that the neighbor and his kids  usually would come and help us," I said.

Theresa pulled the keys out from her purse and opened the door.

I walked through the house quietly as memories came running back to me. "I'm home," I said to the house.

I walked up to my room and opened the door. My purple room was still the same as I had left it. The only problem I had was it was really cold.

"Babe?"

I turned around and saw Cole with my suitcase.

"Sorry," I said as I stepped further into my room.

"It's okay," he said. "This house is freezing," he said rubbing his hands together.

"We haven't turned the heat on, and we don't have insulation between the walls on this side of the house," I said.

"What?!" Cole asked.

"We don't have insulation on this side of the house," I said again.

Cole looked at me. "I heard you the first time," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay," he said wrapping his arms around me. "Do you know why?" He asked.

"It was just the way the house was built, it's been in my dad's generation for a long time," I said.

"Then I guess it's a good thing it's in Scooter's name," Cole said.

"Yeah," I said as I wrapped my arms around Cole.

"Are you cold or do you need a hug?" Cole asked.

"Can't it be both?" I asked looking up at him. Cole chuckled.

"Come on, let's go get the heat on," Cole said. I nodded my head and followed him out the door.

"Heats on!" Scott said as I heard the furnace turn on.

"Finally!" Kylee yelled.

I pulled out my phone and checked the weather.

I groaned. "Why did we come when there's a winter storm advisory?" I asked.