chap 65; unforeseen circumstances

Zacznij od początku

"See my drawing anty K" Inara said to Karima who has been eyeing them with distaste all the times. She almost hiss but refrain from doing so. It's Inara after all.

"It's good," she replied curtly before leaving the lounge.

"I will go show mummy" Inara said and ran with her paper, brushing past Karima.

Afifah just shook her head, smiling. She continues with her work hoping she will stay a little longer so she can finish up her work. She knew Mufeeda would chop off her head if she didn't finish, they had to quarrel before she let her come.

She finished her work, packed everything back in her briefcase. She was surprised that Inara didn't come back. Mummy must have been occupied with something, she thought even though she was restless. She decided to go check on the girl. She went to Mummy's room where she found her with Karima.

"Mummy, where is Inara?" she asked when she did catch a glimpse of the girl.

"She left not long ago, saying she is hungry. I wanted to feed her but she refused saying she will meet you" mummy elucidated.

"Okay let me find her then" Afifah said walked out of the room. She remembered she also didn't have anything since morning, she wakes up late in the morning so she has no time to eat, Nabil is not around to wake her up. Talking about Nabil, she decided to give him a call, they must have landed by now. It was a flight from Tokyo to Nigeria, it's almost a week now since she last set her eyes on him. She can't wait to see him. Fishing her phone from her pants pocket, she gave him a call.

"Hey darling, missing me too much" Nabil's voice rang through the phone making her smile harder.

"Uhm, you have to do something" she replied in a throaty voice.

"Don't worry I will.be.on my right away" he said. He just changed out of his uniform wanting to branch at the company but his wife's call made him change his mind. Work can wait, not his wife.

A loud voice from the other end of gy line caught his attention before Afifah could reply. He stopped in his tracks asking what happened but it seems the phone was now on the ground not in Afifah's hand. But he can hear from afar the vulnerable voice of Afifah crying.

"Inara wake up, what is wrong. Look at me" Afifah cried out as she cradled Inara in her arms. "What is happening?" she.asked as she cried.

"M..ami my ne.ck. It hur..t" Inara stuttered, both her hands on her neck, it seemed like her throat was aching. "What is wrong with your neck, what did you eat? Afifah questioned worriedly, her voice trembling. She shouted to mummy for help. "Please help" she shouted.
"Don't close your eyes, Inara, stay with me. Please stay" she chanted.

Mummy rushed out, Karima followed behind. Seeing the unconscious Inara, they ran to them.
"What is wrong with her" mummy asked as she checked the girl in and out.

"What did you do to her, what did you give her? '' Karima fired. It took a great effort for Afifah to not back it to her but she remained shut because Inara's well being is far better than her.

They rushed her to the hospital.

*****

"Yarinyar da ko batan wata Bata taba Yi bah, you left your child with her definitely she will kill her out of envy ai daman" Nenah's voice bellowed in the waiting room, she was so angry when she heard what happened to great-grandchild. And knowing that this happened because of Afifah, she isn't going to sit back and not react to it.

"Nenah_" Sumayya tried to talk she shut her up, "what are you expecting from this cocotte, that she will sit down and watch you happily married with your kid when hers marriage is over 3yrs now with nothing fruitful" she again went on, Afifah sat on one of the chairs place in the waiting room crying hysterically. She looks so ogre and worried. Busy praying for Inara to be fine.