Chapter - 44

Aadhya's POV:

The next day Rudra and I decided to meet. Since it was our busy schedule so we both decided to meet somewhere in between. This would save time for both of us.

We decided to meet mid-way which Rudra declined. He wanted to come to my office or take me somewhere but I knew his schedule was packed. I tried to convince him to talk on the phone but he wanted to meet. I knew it was nothing to do with him wanting to meet but more with him trying to comfort me in person.

We decided to have takeouts and talk while sitting in the car. "Is it a date Mr. Singhania?" I asked as I sat in the car.

"If you want it to be then sure it's a date," he said with a smile that clearly showed his dimple

"If you want it to be then sure it's a date," he said with a smile that clearly showed his dimple. Damn God has really had to bless him with these good looks and he even has such a beautiful defect that caused him a dimple. This much attractive look is really difficult to handle.

"Mrs. Singhania," hearing him say that a blush crept. Surely my cheeks have been red by now.

"Not so soon Mr. Singhania" I teased him.

"But very soon," he said with determination in his eyes.

"Now can we talk about the stuff we were here for" I tried to divert the topic to something else. I don't know if I am happy to marry him but still, all the marriage talks create some anxiety in me.

"Ok now I know you might have all the list of pros and cons. Plus you might also have the answer and you just want some support on that. So speak" he said and parked his car in some area.

"I don't know if I could do this or not. One time I wanted to say yes and do it. Other times I am scared to fail and disappoint you guys. I am really stuck on what to choose" I told him everything honestly.

"Ok first of it's ok to fail. We all have failed and you learn from it. There is no one you are disappointing. Just keep your fears aside. Don't think negatively from the start and demotivate yourself" saying that held my hand and continued "Just close your eyes and think. What if it works and you are doing great in this field? Will you be happy?"

"Yes," I told him in a heartbeat. There was no question to this.

"I know you like to get into some social service program" as he said this I stared at him in shock.

He chuckled and said "Babe you ramble a lot of things and I listen to all of them seriously. You might have once or twice mentioned it. So now are you ok doing that job?"

"I don't know Rudra. Thinking of doing something and actually doing it is really a big difference. What if I say I might enjoy it and later find it boring?" I asked him.

"You will never know until you try" simple words but still they held so much meaning. "Babe it's normal to start something and then find it boring. At least you won't regret it for the rest of your life" I thought about his words.

"Just don't overthink. If you want to try just go for it. Success or failure will be the end result. We will think about that later" saying he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"What if I won't able to manage?" I continued. "I don't want to give up on my financial independence no matter what."

"Babe if at any point you feel you are burdened we are here to share your loads. Not only your husband but your second family too" he said.

"Now what is your decision madam?" he asked me.

"I think I would do it" hearing my words a smile broke on his face. We hugged each other tightly.

"I am really proud of you babe," saying he kissed my forehead and gave me a small peck on my lips.

"I want to call mom and dad," I said to him. Soon we video-called his parents and they picked up my call in just a few seconds.

"What happened child?" his mother asked in worry.

"Why can't I call my mother?" I asked her in a teasing tone.

Hearing my words his mother's eyes welled up and she said, "You can call me anytime but I thought you were in the office."

"I am always free to talk to you but we have important news to share with you guys," I told her and held Rudra's hand in one hand.

"I want my grandchildren but not so soon child" Rudra's father came in front of the camera.

"Shut up old man. She is just a child herself and let them live her life a little" his mother scolded his father.

"I am kidding," he said and raised his hands in surrender. I laughed at their cute argument. They literally are the cutest couple I have seen. They are truly in love with each other and it can be easily seen.

"What parents do I have? Really guys now you all are ignoring me" Rudra said between their arguments.

"Shut up you dramatic son. Now Aadhya you were saying something" his father scolded him.

Rudra just rolled his eyes while his mother and I laughed at their conversation.

"Coming back to the topic. I have taken my decision regarding the question you asked yesterday" as soon the words slipped from my mouth nervousness kicked in me. Rudra massaged his thumb encouraging me to continue the conversation.

"And?" his mother asked with hope in their eyes.

"It's a yes. I am ready to work with you" hearing my own words loudly created a weird feeling in my stomach. It was a feeling of excitement, happiness, and fear. All the emotions with just one sentence.

Rudra's parents jumped in excitement and hugged each other. "We are very happy with your decision. Though we would have still supported you if it was something else" his father explained to me. And deep down I knew he was telling the truth.

"Now you have to arrive tomorrow at the trust office. I will send the driver to pick you up at 9 AM. I hate people who don't arrive on time so be ready. Your boss is a bit mean when it comes to work. Hope you survive a day" Rudra's mom acted all bossy.

I just smiled and saluted "Yes boss. I will be there on time."

After our call ended and we ate our lunch. Then Rudra dropped me at my office against my wish.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

What are your thoughts on the story so far?🤔

Don't forget to share your feedback. I will be waiting for it😊

Till then toodles👋