Chapter - 28

Aadhya's POV:

I was pacing in my office and deciding on how to prepare the perfect date for Rudra. I have asked bhabhi (Sister in law) but she denied saying I have to come up with some ideas and then she will help with the execution of the plan.

I have searched google but could not find one good idea. I have decided that we will be decorating Rudra's penthouse. I want the theme to be simple but at the same time romantic and classy.

Today Rudra has his meeting scheduled till evening and after that, his friends will take him out. I have talked to Rishabh and he will be helping me with the decoration. If the decoration is not completed on time so he will be taking Rudra to the party.

In the morning Rudra called me asking about my plans but I refused him saying that I have lots of work to do. He insisted to take a driver if I will be late for work. I refused him saying that Shanaya will be with me and drop me home. Thank God he did not suspect anything and agreed with the plan.

First, my plan was to plan a date but after listening to a lecture from Shanaya I decided to ask him. I am hell nervous. I don't know what his reply will be plus maybe I am pushing things too far. Are we both ready to take the next step?

I chose a few designs and asked bhabhi. She forwarded the design to her decorator. They will be designing everything and I will leave around 4 to have a look and make changes.

The whole day I was anxious about all the what-ifs. I want everything to be perfect and special for us. I decided to leave at 3 for his penthouse.

When I reached there was a mess created. Everyone was running around trying to do things correctly. Seeing the situation I wanted to cry. I have to get ready and the things are also not completed.

"Aadhya you can go and get ready. We will sort this out" Rishabh came towards me. "No I will sort this out first then get ready," I told him in a tone not giving a room to argue.

I tied my hair in a bun and started helping the decorator. I asked Rishabh to leave and keep Rudra busy until I am done here.

After an hour or so things were pretty much done. I checked the time and we still have an hour left. I decided to complete the decorations and then order food to eat. Since morning I have not been able to eat anything due to all the tension.

I was so engrossed in work that I did not notice bhabhi entering the area. "The decorations look amazing but why you are not getting ready?" she asked. "Once I will finish the decorations then I will get ready," I told her.

She dragged me away and said "No you go and get ready. I will check the decorations here." "But you will be tired" I tried to explain to her. With her pregnancy going on nowadays she is getting tired easily so I don't want her to get tired because of these small things.

"Shut up and now shoo. I will sit here and guide them" She said pushing me. I laughed at her actions and then said "Ok I am going but don't you dare to tire yourself."

She smiled and sat on the sofa like it was her throne and started guiding the workers. I laughed and went towards his bedroom to get ready.

First I showered and when I came out there was one woman standing there. What the hell she was doing here? I was about to ask her when bhabhi came and said "Thank God you are out. She is Jhanvi and she will be helping you get ready."

"There was no need for all this bhabhi," I said. "Shut up lady and start getting ready. Your would-be boyfriend is getting impatient there" saying that she dragged me and make me sit in front of the mirror. She gave me a glass of juice and said "Drink this I don't want you to faint and spoil the moment. Don't argue I know you have not eaten anything since morning. Now Jhanvi you can start your magic on her while I go and check everything."

Saying that she left the room and Jhanvi started her work. It took around an hour for me to get ready. While I was getting ready Rudra called me a few times asking what I was doing. I cut his call and said I was busy with work and will call him back. My poor baby was all sad and grumpy.

"Mam you can wear your dress," Jhanvi said. I went inside the closet and wore a dress. When I came out she adjusted a few things and finally when I was ready she said "You look beautiful". "Thanks but credit goes to you," I said.

"It is nothing like that. You are carrying everything so the credit goes to you" she said and left the room. I looked at myself in the mirror and she really did a good job. I was wearing an A-line off-the-shoulder Burgundy dress with a slit. A combined it with a pencil heel of nude color. The hairstyle she made was side braids tied to a bun and tried to create a messy as well as a classy look at the same time.

 The hairstyle she made was side braids tied to a bun and tried to create a messy as well as a classy look at the same time

I went down to meet bhabhi

I went down to meet bhabhi. She was sitting and checking her phone. Looking at me she said, "You look perfect." "Stop you are overreacting," I told her.

"Just wait till Rudra sees you. His mind will surely blow after seeing you" She said. "Thank you for the compliments. Now I will check everything. You go home and rest" I told her. I was already feeling guilty that she has to do all this.

"It was nothing hectic. Stop being my mother-in-law. You have to be in my gang lady" she said. I laughed and said "Of course, I am always on your side. Now let me check the decorations."

I checked and everything was perfect. I asked Rishabh to send Rudra home. I called the driver to pick up bhabhi and ask her to rest.

Now that I am alone all the anxiety is kicking in. How am I going to say things? Whether he will be happy or not? Thinking about all this I am pacing in the room.

Author's Note

Thank you guys for giving my story a chance😊😍

Lots of love to all who have voted and commented on my story❤️🥰