Chapter - 17

Aadhya's POV:

After traveling for an hour I went home. I left the office at 4:00 in the evening so it is around 5 when I reached home.

As I reached home mom welcomed me and by the looks, I know she has many questions. "Hi, mom I am going to my room. I won't be having dinner today" I informed her.

"We need to talk," she said sternly. I know I don't have an option so I sat on the sofa opposite her.

"Ok, what do you want to talk about?" I asked her.

"What is going on between Rudra and you?" she asked me and I know she has seen the news.

"There is nothing going on. As we told we are trying things" I replied.

"The photo says otherwise. I have observed that he is not spending time with you. If you guys are done with each other then at least tell us so we can move forward" she said all in one breath.

I just rolled my eyes at her caring attitude and said "Mom I don't know about that photos and we have not talked about this. He is really busy with work. I will talk to him once he gets free."

"Beta (child) you have to understand if you want him in your life you can't be so careless about it. He is very famous and rich. For him, girls will be clinging to his side always. You have to make sure that he knows you are different. Try to impress him" she said.

I don't want to argue with her so I just replied with an ok and went to my room.

I was thinking about my conversation with mom and Shanaya. The photos were replaying in my head. I know I could not get sleep with these many things going in my head. I need to clear things out.

After an hour I decided to go to his office. I decided to wear a red jumpsuit and did light makeup.

I informed mom about my plan and booked a cab for his office

I informed mom about my plan and booked a cab for his office. I informed Shanaya regarding my plan. She was happy about my decision and wished me luck.

As I reached his office I went to the receptionist and asked for his floor. I thought she will be a mean lady and insult me but nothing as such happened😅

She just politely declined me saying he was busy with the meeting. I tried to call Rudra but every time I did it was going to a voice call.

I thought of waiting for him in the area but suddenly I bumped into someone. "Oh my God I finally met you," he said looking at me. He was a man with a well-defined body with a cute face🤤He was taller than me and was neatly dressed. He was wearing a white shirt with a blue coat and greyish pants.

I was confused that he was talking to me so I checked around to see if he is talking to someone else

I was confused that he was talking to me so I checked around to see if he is talking to someone else. "Yes I am talking to you Aadhya", he replied clearing my confusion.

"Sorry do I know you?" I asked politely.

"Oh my mistake I'm Rishabh Rudra's best friend," he said extending his hand.

"Oh hi sorry I have never seen you before so I did not recognize you," I said shaking his hand.

"It's ok. So why are you here?" he asked.

"I am here to meet Rudra but I am not allowed to go inside. I tried calling him but he is not answering the call" I told him the whole situation.

"Yeah he is busy with his meeting and you can go to his floor. You don't need to explain to me. You are always welcome here," he said giving me a smile.

"Thanks a lot for your help" I replied. He really met me at the right time.

It is on the top floor and I will ask her to inform her secretary she will let you in. You can wait for him in his office. I would have taken you but I need to go out for an urgent meeting," he replied.

"It's ok. I will take it from here," I replied.

"You go I will inform her" he replied and opened the private elevator for me with his card.

"Thanks once again for your help," I said stepping into the elevator.

He just nodded his head and the elevator door closed. I pressed the top floor button and looked at the back mirror. I looked at my appearance one more time.

The door opened and her secretary wished me and guided me to his office. I twisted the door open and entered his office.

His office was huge with mostly a white theme. Everything was organized and in the proper place. Near his table was a photo of his family. There was a section which has a few books and some files kept. The major attraction point was the big window from which you can see the outside.

I waited for him for around an hour in his office but to my luck, he did not come

I waited for him for around an hour in his office but to my luck, he did not come. I passed my time by checking on my phone and reading a few magazines. There was a sofa kept on the side so I sat on it for a few minutes.

Then finally I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes but soon I drifted to sleep😴

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋

How is it going?🤔

Guys leave an emoji in the comment that describes your views on the chapter. Waiting for your comments⏳

 Waiting for your comments⏳