Chapter - 42

Aadhya's POV:

Today was a busy day for me. As I was not in the mood to go to the office today so I decided to work from home. The main reason for working from home is that Rudra's parents will be coming home.

Being a hectic day for me I started working early so that I could leave early. I finished two meetings and a completed few files. After working for so long I took a coffee break.

I took my coffee and decided to check on Rudra. I called him and on one ring he picked up the call.

"I thought you were busy?" I asked him while taking a sip of my coffee.

"Never busy for you my lady," he said in his charming voice. "By the way are you ready for the afternoon?" he asked.

"I guess," I told him as I was not sure what to answer.

"Babe relax it is just a casual dinner and they like you so chill" he tried to calm me down.

"I guess but still I am sometimes this overthinking habit of mine," I sighed heavily.

"Ok now say loudly. Everything will go well and you are the perfect person for me," he told me.

It has become his habit that every day he wants me to say positive things about me. I don't know whether this works or not but I always try and do it for him.

"Everything will go well and you are the perfect person for me," I repeated his exact words like a parrot.

"Babe I am serious," he told me in a strict tone.

I tried not to laugh at his tone and said "what babe? It is the truth. You really are the perfect person for me."

"That I know," he said confidently.

"Cocky much," I said with raised eyebrows.

Suddenly my alarm rang for the meeting and I checked the time. "Babe I need to go. Come soon. Bye," I said all at once.

"Ok bye and miss me," he said in a husky voice.

"I will think about it," I said laughingly and cut the call as my meeting started.

After two hours of meeting finally, there was a break of 20 minutes. I put my laptop aside and decided to take close my eyes for a few minutes.

As I closed my eyes I dreamt of someone pecking my cheeks. I smiled thinking about Rudra pecking my cheeks and then he moved toward my lips. I started to respond to the kiss. First, it was a slow kiss where we moved in a rhythm and as it was about to go rough the person stopped.

As soon as it stopped I opened my eyes to see Rudra sitting in my bed. He has his signature smirk on his face. "Get lost. I know you are not really but that was hot" I told him and covered my body with a blanket.

My stupid my mind was playing games with me as Rudra was still there with the same expression. I face-palmed myself and closed my eyes. When I opened one eye to see if he was gone or not. But to my surprise, he was still standing there.

"I am seriously going crazy. This man has surely made me a mad woman," I talked to myself. Then I took a pillow from the side and threw it at this imaginary person.

I waited for the pillow to fall but he was now holding the pillow. "Babe If you don't want me I can. No need to be this violent" he said and put the pillow aside.

Finally, I realized that he was actually here. "Shit, you are here" saying that I jumped into his arms.

 "Shit, you are here" saying that I jumped into his arms