The Little Merman (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

This sword was certainly his favorite in the whole kingdom. And it wasn't even one made in the forges. It seemed to work perfectly with his shield his brother Tyson had made him.

Percy spun the sword in his hand wishing he could actually fight with it. Though if he did his father would most certainly have a fit of he saw the human sword.

Percy loved it nonetheless. Only a few people knew of his existence. His two cousins, Tyson and his friends: Piper and Leo... Percy smiles sadly as he runs his fingers over the word Leo had carved into it. Anaklumos.

Leo had the "brilliant" idea that if it had a word from the language of the ocean it would fool Percy's father. Though things aren't that simple.

"I miss him too."

Percy turns to see Piper enter. Her eyes are trained on the sword. Percy nods slowly.

Leo was a sensitive topic. He had disappeared for a short while and came back speaking of a girl he had met on the surface. Her name was Calypso. Percy had met her too. But Percy never returned her feelings though Leo did.

Sadly not much later Leo died, a hero's death.

"I know what would make you feel better," Piper said taking off her jewels. She placed them off to the side. Piper though she came from a very noble family resented her place and preferred to spend her time with the commoners and such.

Percy raised an eyebrow at Piper's statement.

Piper smiles. "Let's go to the surface."

~~~~

"I don't want to marry!" Annabeth shouted for the thousandth time.

"Calm down," Jason pleaded rubbing his ear.

Annabeth sighed and apologized.

"Who does your mother want you to marry this time?" Reyna sighed coming up from below deck once hearing the commotion.

"Luke Castellan," Annabeth says quietly her eyes flickering to Thalia. The black haired girl stiffens but says nothing as stares out across the water, pretending she hadn't heard. It was no secret that Princess Thalia of a neighboring kingdom had a relationship with Luke Castellan.

Though Queen Athena didn't care. She needed a deal with Lord Hermes. And she saw finally marrying her daughter off as the solution.

Luke wasn't happy either. He was happily in love with Thalia. He saw Annabeth as a little sister or a daughter even. Nothing close to wife.

And King Zeus was to busy having affairs to care about his children's happiness. And his wife saw Thalia's break up as another way to annoy her step daughter.

"You know I don't want this," Annabeth tells her friend. Thalia doesn't answer and heads below deck.

All watch her go, oblivious to the two pairs of eyes watching them from the water.

~~~~

Percy and Piper shamelessly stare up from the water and onto the ship.

As the ship sails on the two follow talking.

"Beautiful..." Percy murmurs.

"Which one?" Piper asks.

"The blonde one."

Piper shakes her head no. "I call dibs on him."

"On the girl!" Percy shouts.

"I'm kidding. Kidding."