157

"is he dead?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think he is dead"Emma looked at Jaehyun,dead in the eye.

"I don't know"the man ran his fingers through his hair.

He was sitting on one of the chairs in the police station, staring at the floor.
It was dirty.
He was dirty.
He had blood on his clothes,hands and face. Dust and sweat.
He felt so dirty,all he wanted to do was going home to take a shower and lay in bed with Y/n.

But y/n was not there.

"Can I leave now? My wife is giving birth and is all alone"he looked at the officers disappointed.

"Y/n is giving birth?"Emma pouts about to cry. "I told you I shot him,why can't he go?"her hands started shaking.

"Please be quiet"Jaehyun exhaled. "It's not like they want me here. They need the results of our fingerprints"

"But I did it. I admitted."

"I was the one on top of him, beating him up. I have his blood on me,Emma."

"And i had the gun in my hands-"

"Forget it. It's not like they're going to keep me here forever"

"I'm sorry Jaehyun"the girl said but got no answer. "I really am"

"You should be."the man mumbled again. "If you hadn't disappeared like that,y/n wouldn't go see him. We'd be together at home now. She did everything for you. Found you a place to be safe. Taeil was always there for you and what did you do for them? One day you decided to go out and start over again."

"I'm so sorry... he threatened to hurt her"

"We all knew from the beginning, that's why I had people around us. Nothing happened all this time until you-"

"Mr. Jeong?"someone cut him off.

It was an officer and he had a paper in his hand.

"Yes?"he slowly got up, without giving a look at the girl.

"Sign this please and you're free to go."he handed the paper sheet to him,then looked at the girl. "You have to follow me"

"Hm..."Emma nodded her head slowly, getting up hesitant. "Jae..hyun? I'm sorry again-"

"Go. I'll inform you about y/n somehow..."was all he said before he disappears. "Do you even mean it?"he whispered to himself,before he heads to the car that was waiting for him in front of the building.

"Wanna go home or the hospital" Eunwoo tilted his head, as soon as his friend got into the car.

"I want to go to y/n,but I don't want her to see me like this...take me home"

"Yunho said they started preparing her half an hour ago. Do you think we'll make it?"

"We have to."

[...]

"How are you here?"

"I left secretly...where is y/n?"

"In there..."

"Ugh... I'm so nervous."

"Ya,Haechan- the others will kill you"Yunho rolled his eyes, before taking his phone out.

"Will you really tell them? They already know. They helped me"the guy smirked before going serious again. "Jaehyun hyung and Eunwoo brought me. Emma noona shot that man-"

"I know..."

"You know?"

"Hm...is he alive?"

"I don't know. He was hurt badly"

"Good"

"Will Emma noona go to jail?"

"I don't know..."Yunho let a long breath out. Then turned his head to the right, seeing Jaehyun out of breath, approaching them.

"Hyung..your face"Haechan started but stopped

"I'm fine-just a scratch..where is y/n?"he coughed

"Still in there. Are you okay?"Yunho got up

"Hm. Thank you Yunhoya...did any nurses come out?"

"Not yet. Since you're her husband, can't you go in there?"

"Right...right...."he turned around and ran to find a nurse quickly.

"How long has she been in there?"Eunwoo say down.

"Around three hours? Why were you guys late? I thought you would just pick him up from the station "Yunho frowned

"They kept him untill some results came out and then we went home so he can shower. The station was pretty far, that's why we were late"

"Ah..."

"Ya,what are you doing here?" He then turned to face Haechan. "Did they really let you come with us or did you lie?"

"Who do you take me for?"the boy looked around him offended.

"Rhetorical question?"

"Mean"