132

"so...both families want to adopt Jiyoon..."Ms Kim eyed them all.

"We saw him first"The woman spoke , raising her eyebrow at the girl.

"Is he a pair of shoes or something?"y/n looked uncomfortable the other way.

"What did you say?"the woman leaned forwards to see the girl better, since Jaehyun was sitting in between them.

"Ms Park...please"Ms Kim adjusted her glasses better on her face. "As you already know,Jiyoon is a child that refused to get adopted many times."she started.

"But we signed the papers-"

"Let me finish please."Ms Kim who seemed to be patient for the last half an hour,now looked at her dead serious as if she was tired. "If he doesn't want to get adopted,we can't force him."

"He is just five. I heard only kids above 12 can decide on that"

"You heard wrong. We want our kids to be adopted by families they also chose.  Would you be happy if you were adopted by people you don't want for a family?"

"He was fine until two days ago."the husband spoke

"If he was fine he wouldn't change his mind easily."Ms Kim tilted her head.

"So you're telling me Jiyoon likes them? Her?"

"Her name is y/n...Why, what's wrong with her?"Jaehyun looked at the woman with a frown.

"Why did he call you mommy? You didn't even get him toys...you don't even know him"

"I didn't know to become a mother you should get toys to catch a childs eye."y/n got up. "Let's just leave,this is childish. We should come some other day."

"Ms Jeong,wait for me in the hall please."Ms Kim cut her off.

"Can I please see Jiyoon?"the woman started but Ms Kim shook her head.

"You all should wait for me here."the woman said to the couple and Jaehyun, following the girl.

"Come with me please"she walked ahead, having y/n follow her this time.

"Where are we going?"she asked but got no answer.

They were soon in the woods,close to Jiyoons cave. Ms Kim sat on a rock and asked the girl to do the same.

"I heard from your husband why you want to adopt."She spoke while having her eyes on her.

"Do you pity me?"y/n smiled in a sad way.

"No... I envy you."she smiled. "I know how you feel...not being able to have your own baby. And thinking of adoption needs so much strength."Ms Kim took a deep breath. "When I was younger I couldn't have my own kids. That's why I started working here"

"Don't you feel sad, seeing all these kids?"

"No...just like you,who are seen as a mommy by Jiyoon, I am their mommy. "She smiled. "Ah! About Jiyoon...he is not a child that opens up easily...how come he called you mommy? I also helped him make the bracelet for you. He didn't say for who exactly it was..."

"Oh,that...he saw me crying and came to ask why I was like this. He then took me to his cave to feed birds and-why are you looking at me like this? I sound funny, don't I?"

"Not at all....y/n...do you want to adopt Jiyoon?"

"Hm...yes. But I don't think I can...the other family signed the papers already"

"They did not."

"They didn't?"

"They have only been here four or five times. Jiyoon only saw them once and ran away. "