146

"what happened to your face?"Y/n followed her best friend in the extra room they had in case a friend sleeps over.

Emma pulled her suitcase out of the wardrobe and started throwing clothes in it.

"Ya"

"I have to leave"the woman spoke quickly. "I'm sorry but we can't go shopping today..."she forced a smile.

Jaehyun didn't go in the room but stood in the hallway, listening to them. After some time he decided to go somewhere else because the girls would soon come out of there.

"Did he hit you? You know you can stay here, right?"

"He didn't hit me."

"Then tell me what happened. What is this? If you don't want me to ask you,next time wear make up correctly"y/n raised her voice

"My father needs me... I have to go to Canada for a while. I'm sorry for not telling you, I just didn't want you to worry."she zipped the suitcase. "This... I started playing volleyball again. Got hit by a ball.."she pouts, giving a hug to y/n. "Don't give birth without me!!"she raised her voice while heading to the front door. "Okay?!"

"Yeah..."y/n waved her hand,not smiling like her friend. Her expression was weird.

It didn't take long for Emma to reach the garage. As she was unlocking her car to get in,she heard honking and stopped everything she was doing. She turned around to see who just honked and she saw Jaehyun in his car, tilting his head, signaling her to go to where he is.

"What are you doing here?"Emma frowned confused.

"Get in"he looked at her for a few seconds, before he lays his eyes to the front again.

Emma locked her car after putting her suitcase in the and went to Jaehyuns car, getting in as he said. As soon as she closed the door,Jaehyun locked and started the car.

"What are you doing?"she frowned

"That's what I was going to ask. What are you doing?"he fixed the rear view mirror.

A car was following them. The same car he saw in their garage while he was waiting for the girl.

Emma didn't answer. She didn't know what to say.

"Who hit you?"

"Hm?"

"Who hit you?"he repeated,this time looking at her. "You can lie to y/n so you won't make her worry but don't lie to me. Who did this to you?"

"I don't know...I got chased last night. I slept in a sauna so I won't be found."

"How did you get hurt?"

"I fell while running. No one touched me...really"Emma looked down.

"Do you really have to go to Canada?"

"No"

"Then where were you thinking of going?"

"To a hotel"she pouts. "Don't tell y/n"

"She will find out sooner or later."he pointed at the rear view mirror. "I don't think you would make it to the hotel. This car was waiting for you and has been following us since then."

Emma took a deep breath and looked at Jaehyun with a frown. "Then what are you doing? Do you want to get in trouble?"

"I just don't want y/n worried."he coldly spoke, driving a little faster.

"Where are we going?"

"Take this"

"What's that?"she took a card in her hand.

"Your new apartment. I'll find a way to distract them and take you there. No one knows about it and it's safe. It's a protected place so you'll be fine. Don't use that phone for a while,and don't go out for shopping. Everything you need is there. Food,snacks... everything. Don't order food. Don't order things online. The police is trying to see who's tailing you"

"Jaehyunah...thank you"the girl teared up.

"Don't thank me. Just do as I said. And don't get in touch with your father again. Your husband and him teamed up to find you."

"Husband..."the woman scoffed. "We are not even married yet"

"You're not?"Jaehyun frowned.

"They're lying... we were planned to get married in summer. But for business,they wanted to make it fast so..."

"Good...you won't have to divorce then."

"I know, right?"

[...]

"Mom,how are we going to name the baby?"Jiyoon asked while building a small tower with Legos. "Mom"he shook y/ns knee, making her come back on earth.

"Hm?"

"What are we going to name the baby?"she heard and forced a smile.

"I don't know... help me find something"

"If it's a boy,what about Jaeyoon? Or Jaeun? The names are similar to mine and Jieuns"he smiled big.

"And what if the baby is a girl?"

"Jaeun can be used by both boys and girls"

"Jiyoonah, you're so smart. Let's wait for Jaehyun to come home and talk about it with him,yeah?"

"Yeah...where is he?"

Good question.
He was there in the morning,but disappeared before Emma leaves.
Where has he been? It's been hours.
He didn't even call.

"He went to work"y/n came up with an excuse quickly.

"He must be tired when he gets home. It's almost time to bed"

"What about you? Are you tired? Jieun is sleeping already. "She yawned, getting up because the doorbell rang.

"I'll go open-"Jiyoon got up quickly but the girl stopped him.

"Jiyoonah,wait... You can't open the door like that"she messed his hair, walking to the door.

She used the camera to see who it was and frowned, seeing someone she wasn't expecting to.

"Mom-"Jiyoon went closer but th girl covered his mouth quickly.

"Come here"y/n picked the boy up and quickly took him to Jieuns room.

She made him lay on her daughter's bed and covered his body with the heavy blankets.

"Who is it?" The boy asked, watching her checking if the window is locked.

"They must be mistaken"she pulled the curtains and turned off the light. "Stay here and be quiet yeah? If Jieun wakes up,give her a hug and try making her sleep. Love you"y/n kissed Jiyoons cheek before she gets out of the room.

She closed the door behind her and locked it, taking the key and hiding it in the bowl with Dobby's treats.

She then went to the door again, tapping on the device to check if the man was still there.

He was not there,but she was not relieved. She went to the living room again, taking her phone in her hand to call Jaehyun but she couldn't reach him.

She tried again.
Nothing.

"Where the hell is he?"she hissed, trying one more time

"The number you're trying to reach is-"

"Shut up"she threw the phone on the couch, and sat on the floor waiting.

Where was he?