Episode 88: The Legacy of the Strongest Knight of Prophecy

"Twilight Gear, activate!" I yelled, holding up Baldo

"Twilight Gear, activate!" I yelled, holding up Baldo. It transformed into its wide, heavy blade form. This was probably the best thing to used to against that giant.

"Zafir, I don't think using that form is a good idea! You might lose control like last time!" Marina yelled.

Zafir's laugher echoed around the room. "I'll be fine! I'd been practicing with it."

Against who? By himself?

Well, now was my chance! If I could land a hit in-between the joints of the armor, I could bring it down. The ankle was the best point to strike a metallic giant!

Zafir stepped back, causing the ground to tremble under the colossus's weight. I felt like a pebble with how much I was being shaken with each step.

Spreading out my wings, I pointed Baldo at the water that had spilled out of the pool. A blue wisp of mana flew out of the tip of the sword, striking the dislodged liquid, freezing it in place. Zafir stepped back, causing the ice to shatter with the resulting tremors.

"Trying to freeze my feet in place, huh?"

That's wasn't my plan at all. It was actually simpler than that, to cause him to slip and fall. As the saying went, 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall'.

Zafir punched the ground, sending a plume of dust into the air, effectively blinding me.

"Hyoryu!" I yelled. A blue dragon emerged from my sword and devoured the dust with a single huff.

"A dragon?" Zafir asked as the beast coiled around his leg. Hyoryu released its breath, unleashing chilly air.

Zafir shook his leg but doing so only played to my plan. His left leg froze up while raised, causing him to wobble.

"Seems you still need more practice, Cousin," I said, slashing his leg. The armor shattered, revealing a hollow interior.

So, he didn't really become a giant after all.

"Nice mecha," I said, flying up the leg cavity. If this was no different from mecha in anime, then he was bound to be on top. I grumbled. Sounded like Kohri for a second there.

My eyes widened as the sound of water could be heard from above. Sure enough, water struck me, pushing me downward. With a swing of my sword, I froze the liquid. Stabbing the ice with my sword, I shattered it.

I gritted my teeth as water came from below, pushing me upward. There was no pathway at the top! I was wrong to think that it linked with the abdomen.

I stabbed the metal coating, using the force of the water to boost my momentum. Light poked out of the hole. It must've led to the outside, or the abdominal area had a light source within it. The water coiled around my leg and yanked me back down before I could break more of it.

"Freeze!" I yelled, holding a hand toward the water. Wisps of cyan mana flew out of my hand, turning the coils into ice. "Baldo!" My sword warped back to my hand. The wisps were cleanly sliced in half.