Episode 61: Finding a Worthy Heir

It didn't take us long to arrive at the hospital

"We're here," I said.

Eita's hands shook again. He took a deep breath and jumped a couple of times as if he were about to play a basketball match against a strong team. "Hope that Bora can activate this."

"I do too," I said. Else, we would have to resort to Eisuke trying it. Having a thirteen year old fight in a war that killed his father wasn't a good idea.

My eyes quickly shifted toward the hospital doors as they swung open. A blue-haired bespectacled young man in a cyan robe walked toward us. A pink-haired girl in a white dress with multiple bows helped him walk, as did a young dark-skinned blond young man.

"Sirocco! You're out!" Eita said, smiling.

The boy with the glasses smiled slightly. "Yeah. Sorry if I worried you, Sir Eita. I'm glad to see you in good health."

"No need to apologize. And that should be my line! Thought that you would be in the hospital for a week at this rate."

Sirocco laughed weakly. "I still have to stay a couple more days, but they did let me go out for some fresh air."

My brother frowned. "Ohh. Well, at least you're awake now. That's all that matters."

He nodded.

The dark-skinned blond gasped as his eyes shifted toward gold and lapis lazuli necklace. "T-that's uncle's angel tool. Why do you have it? To my knowledge, he doesn't take it off."

Eita clenched it. "Yeah. Sadly, my father is dead."

Borasco's eyes widened. "W-what? U-Uncle's dead? Y-you got to be kidding! Right? There's no way that he can be dead!" He let go of Sirocco and staggered toward us. "Uncle's too strong to go down!"

Eita closed his eyes. "I wished that I were, but he's truly gone."

"It's true," I said, my eyes turning misty.

Borasco shook his head. "N-no. How did he die?"

"Daisaru killed him." I clenched my hands. "Father knew it was a battle he couldn't win, but he still chose to fight on. All for the sake of guarding the Ziz."

"Did Sir Eiji succeed?" the pink-haired girl asked.

I nodded. "Yes. If he hadn't, this world would be in chaos right about now. But, the war has taken several developments since then. One of the Pillars turned against them and took the Leviathan according to Serrano. Normally, that would be a good thing, but it's not. That woman's allies, the demons, they're attacking as well."

"So, it's a two front war," Sirocco mumbled to himself.

"Damn it, Uncle! Why the heck did you have to die? What are we to do now?" Borasco asked. His arms shook as he tried as hard as he could not try cry.