Episode 31: Resting

I might lose both Rosa and Yuko?

"Tetsu?" Rosa asked. She waved a hand over my eyes.

I shook my head and stepped back. "You were saying something, Princess?" I asked, smiling.

She leered at me. "What's with you? Did Hyo test out a new technique on you? You froze after he passed by you." Her face became slightly pale. "Or was it something he said?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "The latter, but it's nothing to worry about."

She punched me lightly in the center of my chest. "Dummy! If it bothered you that much then tell me what it is. You're going to make me worry!"

I patted her head and chuckled. "Rather not. It's not, it's kind of embarrassing."

"Embarrassing? Oh, was it about your baby pictures? You were so cute! Though, a bit hard to believe you were that chubby toddler."

I huffed. "Not that, though, some of those are pretty embarrassing."

Rosa snickered as a light blush covered her cheeks. "Was it related to me then?"

I grumbled. "Why do you think that? Aren't you being a little self centered?"

She puffed her cheeks and punched me some more. "Stupid Tetsu!"

I covered my mouth to stop laughing. "So, where are you going with those books? Were you going to share them with your new friend?"

"No. I was going to teach Yuko and Nori how to read." She raised a book. It was a thin picture book.

"Oh, I see." Though, that was my job. I allowed my mom to do it while we were training at the palace, and I didn't get much time to do so later. Felt kind of bad as I had promised Yuko I would teacher her.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"No, I think that I can do it on my own. You should go and eat. Hyo and you are the only ones who hadn't eaten. Well, maybe Hyo did. I left him a plate of food, but knowing him, he probably gave it to someone else."

I smiled. "Alright, I'll go and eat. Not that I'm very hungry."

"What were you doing all this time anyway?" she asked, tilting her head.

"I was playing ball with Iah."

She blinked. "Playing ball? Like with a dog?"

I laughed. "No, silly! In this case, it's slang for basketball!"

Her cheeks flushed. "Oh. That reminds me, Serra once showed me a video of one of your games in high school."

My eyes widened. "He did? Why did he do that?"

Rosa giggled. "I think he just wanted to show off."

"Show off? I'm the one who was playing!"

"As in you. When he spoke about you, he sounded as if he were a proud parent."