Episode 47: Twin Reunion

*Azami*

I found myself in knee deep in water inside of a chasm. Purple waterfalls dropped into the black stone I stood on. Oddly, the water didn't seem to rise.

"Where am I?" I asked, glancing around.

"Azami," a voice called out. The figure smiled. "Or should I say 'Daddy'?"

I gasped as I saw my dad walking toward me.

"Conrad? What are you doing here?" I stepped back. "Wait, you aren't him. Are you?" My eyes narrowed. "In that case, you must be Itou."

The figure resembling my son continued to smile. "Would you believe me if I said I'm not him? Better yet, would you trust me if I said I know a way that you can save your son?"

I gasped. "Save Conrad?"

*Osamu*

I found myself on another floor as I reached the end of the maze I had been stuck in for who knows how long.

Should I turn around and look for Rosa and the others? But, were they truly sent to that floor?

I touched my chin and closed my eyes. I couldn't sense them even with zen mode. Either we got teleported to opposite ends of the floor or they ended up else where.

Maybe it would be best to continue forward. If they were in that maze, they would eventually get pass it. So long as Yuko was with them.

I walked toward the direction of the stairs leading to the next floor. They weren't too far apart, surprisingly.

The following floor glistened with gold, a direct contrast to the stone covering the other floors from head to toe.

I gritted my teeth as a familiar presense approached.

"You made it, my dear puppet," Mammon said, smiling. Her black robe remained tattered.

"Who are you calling a puppet?" I asked, clenching my fist.

She stared at it and smiled. "You lost your Celestial Knuckle technique. Even with zen mode, you're going to find it hard to take us down."

My eyes shifted to the one seated on a gold throne. Conrad laid asleep.

"Move! I'm taking my nephew!"

My body leapt up on its own seconds before the ground underneath rose up to grab me.

"You won't be able to avoid this!" Mammon yelled as the gold sprung out of the walls to create coils.

It wasn't pure gold, so it wasn't going to be easy to rip if caught.

I dodged the shifting earth and metal, while closing the distance between us. One of weaknesses of zen mode was that it was mostly a defensive technique. Offensively, it only helped with close range. But it did provide one with the speed to get up close and personal before most could react.

"You're going down!" I said, punching the earth as it formed a encircled me. Mud flew in all directions.

I flew upward as the metal rings came for me. Their targets appeared to be my arms, legs, and wings.

The demoness held her hand out, causing a dark vortex to swirl around it.

"Oh, you won't be fighting me. You'll be up against someone else."

My eyes widened as she pulled out Azami from the portal. His eyes were dull.

"Azami!" a voice called out from the portal. it sounded like our nana.