Episode 76: Plums and Roses

*Rosalba*

I patted my stomach. "Ahh, that hit the spot!" I said.

"How unmannerly," Hyosetsu said, sighing.

I pouted. "Can't you keep that to yourself?"

He smiled slightly. "Sorry, can't help it."

Tetsuya chuckled as he picked up my plate. "Want seconds?"

"I wish, but at my limit. The cinnamon pie was tasty," I said as I wiped my mouth.

He turned away, covering up a light blush. "Thanks. It's one of my favorites."

"We better get going," Teresa said.

"I'll be staying here," I said with a slight smile. I wanted to see if my uncle was fine. He seemed off when he left.

"Same," Setty said.

"Yuko will go with Master!" Yuko said, snuggling up against Tetsu's arm.

That tanuki...

"You're not staying? There's plenty of rooms to spare," Serra said, looking over his shoulder as he washed the dishes. "Plus, it's late."

"True," Teresa said. She smiled. "Plus, it'll give Mom time to rest."

"It'll be like a sleepover!" I said, swinging my arms into the air.

"Well, you got your stuffy already," my big sister said, chuckling as she pointed at bear-woof.

I picked it up from my lap. "She must be excited! The last sleepover we had was ages ago."

"Your dad let you have sleepovers?" Tetsuya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Why are you surprised?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, he looks like they type who would be too strict to let you go to one."

Setsuko waved her hand and scoffed. "You aren't wrong. All of our sleepovers were at our place."

"Let me put away the leftovers first," Tetsu said, glancing back at the table. He jumped at the empty plates.

A pink haired girl sat on the opposite side from me. "Tasty. Needed that after all that running."

"Piggy?" I said, blinking.

"Piggy!" Tetsu said, appearing behind her. He pulled her up from the chair.

Piggy squealed.

"Oink all you want but I'm not letting go."

I slammed my hands on the table. "Tetsu, let my friend go!"

Tetsu sighed and put her down.

Plum ran over to me, hugging me. "Thank you, Rosa-Rosa!"

I gasped. Wait, Plum used to tell me she had a nephew who would bully her. Not letting her eat. Was that Tetsu?

"Are you Plum's bully?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"He is," Plum said.

"What? I'm not a bully!"

"Yeah, Master's no bully!" Yuko said.

I patted Plum's head. "She said you didn't let her eat."

"Yeah, the whole thing. She would gobble up other people's food," Tetsuya said, shrugging.

Plum burped.

"Oh. Plum, why did you make him sound like a villain?" I asked.

She moved away from me and crossed her arms. "Because he is! Meanie Tetsu-Tetsu wouldn't let me eat yummy food."