Episode 84: Untold Legend

[Meanwhile- Kuroriku's Southern Province]

I smiled as I dodged Serra's sword. "Nice try, cousin."

Serrano pulled his right sword back and thrust his left sword forward, I blocked with Agnes and pushed back against it.

"Come on, Rosa, Kohri. Put a little more work to it!" Setsuko yelled from across the hills as she dodged Rosa and Kohri's combination ice attack.

Rosa smiled as one of her triangular drone-like weapons snuck up behind her sister and fired a beam at her.

Setsuko side-stepped the beam and yawned. "What an obvious trick, Little Sis."

My princess pouted. "Thought I had you there for sure!"

Setsuko put a hand on her hip. "Sorry, but you have to try harder than that if you plan to hit me. Maybe team up with Serra and try to take down your knight. As long as I'm in Zen Mode, you two can't hope to beat me."

Rosa's face flushed. "D-don't look down on us!"

"Yeah!" Kohri said, grinning as he appeared before Setsuko.

The crown princess raised her right arm and winced as she was pushed back. Ice covered the area that Kohri's hammer had struck.

Setty laughed. "Guess that I shouldn't have underestimated you, Kohri."

"Us," Kohri said, pointing at Rosa. "Her job was to distract you to knock you out of Zen Mode."

The older princess laughed. "I see. Seems that I got a little over my head there."

I glanced back at Serra as he tried to get past my shield.

My cousin smirked. "Honestly, you Knights of Prophecy have gotten a little too big for your britches." He jumped back and took a deep breath. "Just because you trained in Munil for a while doesn't make you better than us."

I smiled. "I know. You managed to keep up with me rather well when we were in The Realm of Dreams."

His eyes glimmered as he lined his swords up. "Sabretooth Tiger Crunch!"

I pulled Agnes closer to my body and jumped back. The ground underfoot gave in, sending me falling back.

"Serra!" Setsuko yelled. Why was she yelling his name? I was the one falling. Well, not that I was in any real trouble with Agnes in my hands.

I bounced as a bubble-like barrier appeared around me. My eyes widened as I realized just far down I'd fallen. The sky was but a tiny dot in the distance. Wait, had Setty screamed at Serra for not watching his strength? Serra did have issues controlling it some years back. I hadn't noticed how much stronger he had become as we were both tearing up the landscape in that 'dream'.

"Hiyup!"I yelled, jumping out of my bubble as soon as I resurfaced. "Seems that you need to practice controlling the power of those twin swords, Cuz."