Episode 66: Death

*Takuya*

"Finally caught up to you," Ximena said as she closed the gap between us. She giggled. "Felt as if I were chasing your little brother."

I chuckled. "Oh, yeah. Ya used to help us chase him around all the time when you two were toddlers."

She grumbled and nodded. "Yup. That Tetsu sure was a troublesome kid."

"Is that somethin' to say about about ya best bud?"

"Yeah? Is it?" a voice called out. We looked forward and saw a smiling Tetsu stomp over to us.

Behind him were Serrano, Teresa, Amun, Onami, Yuko, and Uncle.

"Hey, if it isn't the big man himself! Heard you were off on a special mission," Uncle Sorreal said, grinning.

I blinked. "I should be saying that. Why are ya here? Uh, no offense."

Uncle simply laughed. "None taken."

"We came to visit," a voice called out. It was my grandma. Ma trailed behind her. Like Grandma Rosemary, Ma was also on a wheelchair.

"Ma?" I said, dashing over to her. "What happened to ya? Did ya hurt ya leg? Were ya attacked?"

Ma shook her head. "No, nothing that serious."

"That we know of," Tetsu said, sighing.

"Tetsu, don't say it like that," Teresa said, smiling nervously.

I took a deep breath. "Hopefully, Ma's right." My eyes shifted over to grandma. I jumped and gave her a big hug. "Grand-grand!"

"Lovable as always, aren't ya?" Grandma said, hugging me back. "Not as big as Tetsu, but you're so tall now."

I laughed. "That's because Tetsu ate the whole fridge!"

"Hey!" Tetsu snapped.

Tere chuckled. "You did eat a lot a kid, though."

He huffed and crossed his arms. "Well, yeah. Mom wanted me to be well fed."

Uncle chuckled. "Think she over did it."

Tetsu grumbled.

"Hey, stop bullying my little boy," Mom said, glaring at us.

Tetsu's face flushed. "Mom..."

Setsuko giggled. "Mama's boy."

Yuko giggled and hugged Tetsu, causing him to blush more. "Master is can be so cute when blushing!" the tanuki girl exclaimed.

Onami crossed her arms. "Wish that Kohri were easier to fluster."

"That guy is as cool as a cucumber," my brother said as his blush started to subside.

Ma chuckled. "If your uncle Skah were here, he would've probably made a pun out of that."

My brother blinked. "Oh, right. You know him better than we do."

She lowered her head. "Yeah. If not for Rocio appearing at Grand Chasm, it would be harder to believe that we're facing off against your father's family."

"Mom is with them too," Serrano said, averting his eyes.

Setsuko raised an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?"

"Guess that I simply can't escape from fighting against my family. Be it my mothers or my father's."

She crossed her arms. "You haven't fought us apart from spars, so what are you talking about?"