Episode 69: Moment of Silence Draws to a Close

*Eiko*

I stared at Anis as she fiddled around with some yawn.

"What? Never seen someone knit before?" Anis asked without even looking up at me.

I scoffed. "Of course I have. My nana used to knit all the time. It's just, it's been years since I've seen you in a wheelchair. You're at the start of your pregnancy and it seems to already be taking a toll on you."

Anis looked up. "Wait, are you worried about me?"

I crossed my arms and leaned back on the sofa. "Of course not."

Miyu giggled. "Don't lie, Ko."

"Seems you've grown close," Lady Rosemary said, snickering too.

"Which is weird to think of," Juniper said. "They hated each other last I knew."

"What, no!" I snapped at Lady Rosemary's statement.

Anis laughed. "Yeah. Eiko and I still hate each other's guts."

Osamu leaned forward. "And Anis still dislikes me too."

Anis scoffed. "Not like it's not mutual on ya end too, Cuz."

Sorreal laughed as he leaned against the couch Osamu and I were seated on.

"Sometimes it felt one-sided," he said.

Anis scoffed. "That's because ya don't know the King like I do, little brother."

Osamu sighed and put down his cup on the table. "We aren't children anymore. It's best to move on from such childish arguments."

Miyu nodded. "Yeah. It is a expenditure of time."

I cleared my throat and picked up my untouched cup of tea. It was rose honey tea. Lady Rosemary's favorite.

"Who made this?" I asked as the sweet and flowery aroma tickled my nose.

"That would be this little one," Rene said as she came back up from the basement with her youngest. She had taken some blankets from her shy daughter earlier.

"Do you like it?" the little girl asked, moving her hands behind her back.

His Majesty nodded. "It's good. You certainly got your grandmother's knack for tea making."

Lady Rose smiled. "Well, I did teach her."

The little girl smiled and tackled her grandma. "Am I an expert now?"

"Now, now. Don't get ahead of yourself. There is still a lot more to tea that you've got to learn."

She blinked. "There is?"

Lady Rose laughed. "Yup. Such as picking the leaves."

"Oh. I think I can do that! Mom says I'm great at picking flowers. Leaves are probably no different."

Her grandma smiled. "So you say, but you might change your tune once you've tried it."

The little girl jumped. "I'll try to learn if I don't get it!"

Lady Rosemary giggled and patted her granddaughter's head. "What an inquisitive girl you are."

I smiled slightly. Reminded me a little of my kids. Eii was an curious child, always wanting to learn more spells. He appeared to be at his happiest when he was learning magic. Ei-ei was also similarly curious about learning new stuff. Ei-Ei... like Eita, she was close to her father. How would she react at the news? Usually, she was more mature than her brothers, but this sort of news could bring her to tears if it made her brothers cry. Eita often tried to be play the role of tough guy. Eiichi was the more shocking to see, considering his rocky relationship with his father. It was bittersweet to see that my oldest did care for him. If only it could've been in a different occasion, then there would be no bitterness.