Episode 12: In-fighting

I averted my gaze as Rosa hugged her dad

I averted my gaze as Rosa hugged her dad. So, Eiji died. How would Eiichi react to the news of his father's death? The two weren't exactly close, so maybe it wouldn't impact him much. On the other hand, losing my Dad again affected me more than I thought it would've. At least I had the chance to rescue mine. Eiji was gone forever.

"Go gather everyone for departure," Hyosetsu said before leaving.

I nodded.

He halted and glanced at my group. "Wait, where's Serrano? Why didn't he come to check on his uncle?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "That's because he went with Reginald."

Rosa, the king, and Takuya gasped.

"He went with grandpa?" Takuya asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Reginald told Serra that Conrad was in danger."

Osamu gritted his teeth. "That fool!"

"I tried to stop him, but he didn't feel that he was lying."

"Yuko didn't either," Yuko whispered.

"Serra said that he would return as soon as he could confirm that Conrad was fine."

The king ran a hand down his face. "Things just need to go from bad to worse, huh? The story of my life."

"Should we go to Abyssia and retrieve them?" Rosa asked.

"Yes, but first we have to go back home. We have no way of getting to Abyssia from here. At least that I know how to use."

"True."

"We need to get to Mina. That's where the closest Dimensional Transporter is," Maki said.

"I'll go get everyone," I said, running off.

"I'll go find my siblings and the others," Maki said, running in the opposite direction.

I glanced back and smiled. "Thanks!"

"I'll accompany you," Akane said, following her boyfriend.

"Master," Yuko said, appearing next to me. She had gotten faster. Was it due to her training? Or did her body grow stronger like that time she absorbed the mana shards?

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Master shouldn't worry. Yuko's sure that Serrano will be fine."

I smiled. "Thanks, Yu."

Her face lit up.

The two of us continued walking until we came upon the lobby. Eri and several others stood in the middle of it, expectantly.

"You're the famous Tetsuya, I presume?" a girl asked, talking toward me.

I nodded. "Yes, but I'm not sure about the 'famous' part." I didn't consider myself as such back home either, despite it having been part of my dream as a kid.