Episode 2: The Voice of Greed

"Dad," I said, staring at him

"Dad," I said, staring at him. Only an hour or so had passed since the fight with Daisaru ended, but it felt like an eternity. I just wanted my dad to wake up. At least Setty was getting some rest. I didn't want her to tire herself further. She hadn't gotten a moment's rest since she arrived in this realm. Well, possibly even longer than that as she had been training.

I sat my head on the bed and held Dad's hand. It was cold to the touch.

"Please wake up soon, Daddy," I whispered as I closed my eyes.

"Rosa," a voice called out. I sat up. It wasn't Dad's voice, but that of a woman. I glanced around the room. No one else was there. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

"Sorry, but I won't do that. Not yet, at least. I do wonder what kind of despair your father will be in once you're dead."

"Dead?" I asked. I spun around, expecting someone to appear, but there was no one there either—just my dad. Dad's eyelids twitched, and his hands began to move.

"Dad!" I yelled, hugging him. "You're awake!"

My eyes widened as a hand wrapped around my neck, putting pressure on it. "Dad? What are you do-" Shivers ran down my spine as I saw my dad's hazel eyes had become devoid of their greens and blues. They reminded me of Dan and Suzuki's when they were turned into demons.

He didn't even bat an eye at my words. Was the voice I heard earlier from a demon? Was she the one controlling him?

"D... Dad!" I said, tears streaming down my eyes, and he strengthened his grip on it. My ruby bracelet transformed into its weapon form. I didn't wish to hurt him, but I couldn't let him kill me. "I'm sorry for doing this, Dad." The drones floating above me fired off weak lasers at his hands, but he continued to cling on to me. He didn't even flinch. Could he feel no pain?

I fired off more substantial beams, knocking his hand away with sheer force.

"Sorry again, Daddy. I promise that I'll heal those wounds later," I said, jumping back. I moved the drones in front of me. "Once I've freed you from possession."

Four of the drones spread out and formed a forcefield around Daddy. He punched the cage, but doing so sent him flying to the ground.

He stared at the drones. "So..."

My eyes widened. Was he reacting to them? Was it because of my mom?

"Dad fight the demon's control!" I yelled.

He gripped his head and shook his head in pain. His head swung back as he let out a piercing scream.

"Daddy!" I yelled. I wanted to lower the barrier, but doing so would've put me in danger. "Please hold on." I turned around. "I'm going to go grab Takuya! He might know what to do!"

Hopefully, Nori arrived. He would also be a big help. After all, he did purify Suzuki. Xime might be able to help too.

I ran out of the room, entering a long and wide corridor. Due to the carpet's color bouncing off on the white walls, the hall had a red glow.