Episode 20: The Fool

[A while ago]

[A while ago]

I gasped as I felt space-time distort at the entrance of the castle.

"Is something the matter?" Plum asked as we made our way to Aster's lab.

"I sense a disturbance," I said, clenching my hands over my chest.

"I better go check it out," Rocio said, turning around.

"Wait! I'll go."

Cio's eyes widened. "You? Will you be alright? You aren't much of a fighter."

I lowered my eyes. I hoped not to fight the one at the door. "I might not be as skilled as you, but I can fight. I am the only one of us who managed to push back Daisaru!"

Daisaru laughed. "Yeah, you got the raw strength for sure!"

"I'll accompany you, just in case," Skah said. "Daiyu take good care of Roa's core."

"Of course I will," Daiyu said, embracing her son.

"Woolsey, please watch over Serra for me. I'll be back as soon as I can," I said.

Woolsey nodded as he patted Serrano's pod. "No problem. I'll guard my nephew with my life!"

I smiled. "Thanks, Sey!"

"Where is Dad anyway?"

"I felt him warp over here," I said, staring at the metal. My ears wiggled as I heard footsteps outside. They belonged to Dad, Mason, and someone else. "They're coming."

The door opened, and in came my dad, half-brother, and a white-haired teen in a suit.

"Collin!" Plum yelled, running over to hug the boy.

"Hey, Plum!" Collin said, smiling.

"Plum, don't hug him," Reginald said, blocking her. "Remember, he's Margaret's brother."

Collin sighed. "I already said everything I know. My sister wanted me to participate in her plan, but I refused."

"So, you knew?" Daiyu yelled, glaring at him.

"I should be the one yelling at him," I muttered.

The teen nodded. "Her thoughts on replacing Reginald, but she didn't specify if they were violent or not." He closed his eyes. "If they were non-violent, I might've considered them."

Dad scoffed. "So, you think I'm a bad leader, huh?"

Collin scratched his face and laughed. "Well, you aren't bad, but lately, you've been lacking. I know that your heart isn't in this war. We could've finished this a lot quicker if it were."

"Daddy, why do you want to conquer Zionia?" Plum asked, glancing up at Dad. "Isn't it Mommy's home?"

Dad patted her head. "I haven't told you, have I? It's to preserve that which your mother loved the most, you six. To do that, I need to revitalize Abyssia with another universe's energy."