Episode 85: Lost Family

[Eastern- Mizu no Kin]

"We're here," Mother said, smiling as she glanced up at the palace. So, this was the place that King Orlin wanted to one up when he had his palace built.

Orlin... why did that name always make me feel bitter? It wasn't like I knew the guy.

"Home sweet home!" my cousin Marina yelled, raising both arms into the air.

I cupped my ears. Seems that Kohri did not receive his noisiness from only Father's side of the family.

Zafir patted her head and chuckled. "Was unaware of your homesickness. You showed no signs of it."

Marina grinned at him. "Well, Makkuroyama was fun. Especially poking Silas, but a girl misses her home after a while."

Yup. Kohri for sure got it from Mother's side too.

The doors suddenly opened and out came a white-haired man with a stern look on his face.

"About time that you returned, Prince Zafir, Princess Marina," a voice called out.

"Oh, hey, Ran!" Marina said, smiling as she jumped toward him.

Ran crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her. "I know that you are a fellow Seven Seas, but you are still a little girl. Plus, given the nature of the war, it's best that you remain here should anything happen to your brother."

Marina scratched her head. "But that's why I went with Zaf, to make sure that he doesn't get into trouble."

I snickered. "Oh, so the babysitter was the younger sibling."

Zafir coughed as his face reddened. "Marina, don't lie. You did not return as you were enjoying your stay in Makkuroyama."

"Huh? But I'm not lying! You have a habit of attracting trouble."

Mother giggled. "Think that's because he's a crown prince. Osamu was also a trouble magnet in his youth."

I smiled as I thought about the trouble that Setsuko got into. Some of it was because of her status, but some of it was not.

"Hmm, I doubt that the King of Kasai no Ki knew that brother was there at first," Marina said, tilting her head.

"True," Zafir said, sighing. "Maybe I am a trouble magnet."

"Lady Miyuki, here to visit her royal highness and my father?" Ran asked, turning his attention away from the royal siblings.

Mother shook her head. "Well, at least not the sole reason. Our liege tasked my son here to see you Seven Seas."

Ran glared at me. "See us you say? May I ask why?"

Marina narrowed her eyes at Ran and pouted. "Randy, don't look at him like that. Hyo's our cousin!"