Episode 8: Release Him!

*Azami*

The demoness was Piedad all this time? No, that can't be. Though my ability to detect demons wasn't all that great in those years, I didn't sense anything amiss with her. Then, why is she claiming she's Piedad? To mess with my head?

Mammon snickered as shards of amethyst marble danced around her left hand. "Die, prince!"

I leaped into the air and formed a shield made up of white crystals around me. The marble disintegrated upon hitting my barrier.

"I won't die! At least not until I rid this palace of your disgusting presence!" I formed more white crystals, this time shaping them into a jousting lance. With my brand new weapon pointed down, I slammed the ground, unleashing a shockwave, which shook the entire room. It was a good thing that Dad made sure the pillars were built sturdy, else I would've wrecked them.

The demoness chuckled as the dust swirled around her. "You're far too young to defeat someone my age. Now, kneel, boy!" she yelled. Her left knee slammed against my shield, breaking off chunks of crystal.

I thrust my lance forward, but she dodged.

The demoness laughed. "You aren't using your angel tool anymore? Do you have a death wish, boy?" she asked as she turned the dust around her into swords.

"At one time, I did, but not right now!" I yelled, pulling my lance up from the floor. A wave of marble and concrete rose up and clashed into her swords.

Mammon vanished from view and reappeared behind me just like the other demon. I smiled and thrust my knife behind me. She jumped back in shock, narrowly avoiding getting stabbed.

"Don't underestimate me, Archdemon of Greed," I said, spinning around.

She smiled. "You are indeed Osamu's brother. But like him, you will succumb to me!"

I gasped. "What do you mean by that?"

Her smile widened. "Your brother is currently my puppet. He should be killing his youngest daughter and allies by now!"

A silver aura crackled around me.

"Second heaven?" the demoness said with an amused smirk.

"I'll wipe that smug look on your face!" I yelled. I went around her in the span of a second and stabbed her. Or so I thought, hard stone prevented my knife from piercing her skin. Instead, I got a roundhouse kicking into the throne. "Ugh, this is not how I wanted to sit down."

"Still the wisecrack, huh?"

I pushed myself up. "Of course. Joking around helps numb the pain," I said, dropping my crystal shield in front of the throne.

She scoffed. "Why are you letting go of your shield? You need it now more than ever!" A large black tail emerged from her cloak, zipping toward me quicker than one could blink.

The tail went flying back toward its owner.

"What was that? It repealed my attack with equal force," she asked calmly as she slashed the ground with her tail to slow it down.

"Divine Protection," a soft voice called out. A purple-haired, white-winged being descended from above.

"So this is Parvati," the demoness said, narrowing her eyes at her. She glanced at my knife, which was bathed in blue light.

"Go, Parvati, destroy the demon!" I yelled, swinging my knife forward. Parvati transformed from a petite woman into a tall, multi-armed giantess with multiple swords for hands.